Tender meat served with mashed potatoes is one of the best culinary combinations there is. Going keto doesn’t mean you have to give up your mash. Instead of potatoes, you can use cauliflower to make a smooth, creamy mash that’s low-carb and tastes amazing. One of the best cuts of meat to compliment your cauliflower mash are lamb chops. Once you’ve tried this combo once, it’s sure to become one of your favorites.
Cooking up this lamb chop recipe involves two simple steps. The first step is to make the mashed cauliflower. This can be done by boiling the cauliflower and then blending it with the Swiss cheese and sour cream to give it some extra richness. Once the mash is ready, the second step is to cook the chops. Cooking lamb chops is best done in a searing hot frying pan. Simply cover the chops in the herbs and spices and then fry them on both sides until cooked. All that’s left to do now is plate them up and enjoy.
This keto-friendly recipe is packed full of goodness. The cauliflower is low carb, a great source of antioxidants, and is noted for boosting heart health. Lamb chops are protein-rich and a great source of iron and vitamin B.
For a tasty, guilt-free meal, why not try this lamb chops and cauliflower mash dish for dinner tonight!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Lamb Chops with Cauliflower Mash
- 24 ounce lamb chop
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon green onion
1. Measure out and prepare the ingredients.
2. Plate the lamb chops.
3. In a bowl, combine the seasonings: rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub this on both sides of the lamb chops.
4. Wrap the seasoned lamb chops with plastic wrap and let sit for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
5. Chop up the cauliflower into florets.
6. Using the double boiler method, steam the cauliflower florets until tender.
7. Place the cauliflower florets into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
8. Add in the sour cream, shredded cheese, butter, and sea salt. Blend until the consistency is to your liking. Add in the green onions and blend for a few seconds more.
9. In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Add in the lamb chops and cook for 3 – 5 minutes on both sides, depending on how you like your meat.
10. Serve the lamb chops with the cauliflower mash. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Lamb Chops with Cauliflower Mash. Each serving comes out to be 598 calories, 38.7g fat, 4.1g net carbs, and 57.5g protein.
|24.00 ounce lamb chop||1796||104.8||0||0||0||213.6|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh rosemary||5||0.2||0.8||0.5||0.3||0.1|
|4.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||17||0.1||3.8||0.2||3.5||0.7|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 medium cauliflower||132||2.9||23.6||13||10||10.4|
|2.00 tablespoon swiss cheese||59||4.7||0.2||0||0.2||4|
|2.00 tablespoon sour cream||57||5.6||1.3||0||1.3||0.7|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|0.50 teaspoon sea salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon green onion||4||0||0.9||0.3||0.6||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||598||38.7||7.7||3.6||4.1||57.5|