Going keto doesn’t mean giving up your favorite snacks like French fries! But fries contain potatoes, you say. Well, here’s the good news: these keto French fries are made using almond flour and mimic the flavor and texture of traditional carb-heavy fries.
They do take some time to prepare, but you’ll thank yourself you made the effort when you’re sitting back with a piping hot bowl and your favorite dipping sauce. Making these keto fries starts by preparing the almond flour-based dough and then kneading and rolling it out before cutting it into long thin fries. All you need to do then is pop them into a hot pan of oil (or you can air fry or bake them), and the fries will be ready to devour within minutes.
The whole family will love these fries. They make the perfect accompaniment to burger night or can be whipped up as a standalone snack. You can even make a big batch and freeze any that you don’t cook—they cook and taste just as good when defrosted. Go ahead and give these keto French fries a try. We’re sure you’ll love them!
Yields 4 servings of Keto French Fries
- 100 gram almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 6 tablespoon hot water
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, and xanthan gum.
3. Stir in the hot water and knead the dough until everything is combined well.
4. Put the dough in between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll out the dough until it’s about 1/8″ thick.
5. Using a pizza slicer, slice the dough into small, fry size pieces.
6. Lay the strips onto a baking sheet and place in the freezer. Once the “fries” are frozen, place them in a plastic bag. Take a few fries out of the bag at a time while cooking, but keep in the freezer so they don’t fall down to room temperature.
7. In a frying pan over medium heat, add in enough of the avocado oil to ensure all sides of the fries will be coated. Once the oil is hot, add a few fries into the pan from the plastic bag. Let them cook on all sides until crispy and golden in color. Repeat until all of the fries are cooked.
8. Season with extra salt and serve with low-carb ketchup!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto French Fries. Each serving comes out to be 247 calories, 22.7g fat, 2.3g net carbs, and 5.3g protein.
|100.00 gram almond flour||579||50||22||13||9||21|
|0.50 teaspoon salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon xanthan gum||47||0||11||11||0||0|
|6.00 tablespoon water||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 tablespoon avocado oil||361||40.9||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||247||22.7||8.3||6||2.3||5.3|