All these posts about treats just make me want more! Here’s another favorite of mine that ended up being a daily affair, and a staple in my diet. Two good things at once? It almost seems too good to be true – but it’s not 🙂
Time to get down to business, let’s start up the donut factory and crank these suckers out!
- 1/2 Cup of Ground Almonds
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Pure cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup of Splenda
- 2 Tbsp Melted butter
- 2 Scoops 100% Casein Protein Powder (I prefer chocolate, but you can use any flavor you fancy)
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream (or Almond Milk)
How Can This Get Even Better?
- Pecans or Walnuts
- Make them into Waffles
- Da Vinci Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Whipped Heavy Cream
- Preheat over to 350° F
- Whip egg whites until they have stiff peaks (this is the most important part, and will ensure you get a great fluffy consistency)
- Combine the egg yolks, Splenda, butter in a bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix them well.
- Gently (I mean REALLY gently) fold the wet ingredients into the whipped egg whites.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, while mixing.
- Fill the donut pan 3/4 of the way full on each mold.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In separate bowl, combine casein powder and heavy cream until it is thick.
- Pour the mixture over the donuts when they have cooled down a bit.
- Nom nom, enjoy the guilt-free panic attack!