If you’ve spent any time on social media recently, chances are you have happened across Korean dalgona coffee, commonly known as whipped coffee. Light and fluffy, dalgona coffee is a whipped coffee mixture served over iced milk. It’s a fun way to change up how you get your caffeine fix. Not only does it taste great, but the dual layers look amazing too—making for an impressive drink to serve to friends and family.
The traditional Korean recipe calls for powdered sugar, which isn’t keto friendly. Some keto recipes use erythritol, but we chose allulose. You really don’t notice the difference, as it leaves your coffee tasting sweet and nicely compliments the other flavors in the drink.
Just because the dalgona coffee looks fancy doesn’t mean it’s difficult to make. It is merely coffee, allulose and hot water whipped together to create an intense, fluffy coffee foam.
This coffee foam is extremely intense in flavor, so you’ll need milk to balance it out. Spoon the foam over a glass of iced milk of your choice (we love almond milk) then serve!
You can choose whether to mix the two layers together, or drink it through a straw and get a little bit of each at once. Either way, make sure to consume your dalgona coffee immediately for maximum flavor.
Yields 1 servings of Keto Dalgona Coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon allulose
- 1 tablespoon water, hot
- 1/4 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine the allulose and instant coffee. Then, pour in the hot water.
3. Mix for a minute on low to combine. Up the speed to high and mix for an additional five minutes. The mixture will become light brown in color.
4. In a glass, add the ice cubes then pour the almond milk and heavy cream in, leaving room for the coffee mixture.
5. Using a spoon, place the mixture on top of the almond milk in the glass.
6. Stir the coffee so it’s all combined well. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes a total of 1 serving of Keto Dalgona Coffee. Each serving comes out to be 122 calories, 12g fat, 1.1g net carbs, and 1.4g protein.
|1.00 tablespoon instant coffee||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon allulose||6||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon water||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup ice cubes||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 cup unsweetened almond milk||14||1.3||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.6|
|2.00 tablespoon heavy cream||101||10.7||0.8||0||0.8||0.8|
|Per serving (/1)||122||12||1.4||0.4||1.1||1.4|