If you’ve ever been a fan of coconut shrimp, this recipe’s for you! The classic coconut shrimp gets a twist with chicken and a deep curry flavor that runs throughout. To match alongside it, we pair pork rinds with the chicken to bring the flavors out and allow for a crispy chicken tender. Never thought you’d have crunchy on keto? Think again.
To make the flavors of the chicken nuggets really sing, I decided that a dipping sauce was absolutely mandatory for this. A sweet and spicy mango dipping sauce was created. It’s super creamy and adds everything you want to complete this meal. It’s sweet, it’s got a great kick to it, and the mango flavor that comes through it superb. Think about curries that are made with mango chutney – but condense the cooking time and put it all into the flavor of a chicken tender. Plus its keto. This one is a must try!
Yields 5 servings of Keto Coconut Curry Chicken Tenders
Coconut Curry Chicken Tenders
- 24 oz. Chicken Thighs, deboned with skin on (~5 thighs)
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Pork Rinds, crumbled (~1 1/2 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 tsp. Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Coriander
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Sweet and Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp. Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp. Mango Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 7 drops Liquid Stevia
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F. Get a cookie sheet with a wire rack ready. In a shallow bowl or plate with lips, beat an egg.
3. Debone chicken thighs with kitchen shears. Make sure that you leave the skin on the chicken thighs.
4. Cut the chicken thighs into strips (or tenders), lengthwise. This should get around 4 chicken tenders per thigh.
5. Dip half of the chicken into egg and place into bag. Seal and shake to coat. Place chicken on wire rack. Repeat step 4 with the other half of the chicken.
6. Bake on the top rack in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip each chicken tender, and bake for 20 minutes more.
7. While chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce by mixing together all of the ingredients. Set aside until chicken is finished.
8. Once chicken is ready, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Keto Coconut Curry Chicken Tenders. Each serving (with sauce) comes out to be 494 Calories, 39.4g Fats, 2.1g Net Carbs, and 29.4g Protein.
|Coconut Curry Chicken Tenders||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|5 medium Chicken Thighs (~28 oz.)||1490||112||0||0||0||112|
|1 large Egg||70||5||0.5||0||0.5||6|
|1/2 cup Pork Rinds, crumbled (~1 1/2 oz.)||240||15||0||0||0||24|
|1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut||142||14||6||4||2||2|
|2 tsp. Curry Powder||13||1||2||2||0||1|
|1/2 tsp. Coriander||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder||2||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|1/4 tsp. Onion Powder||2||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|Salt and Pepper to Taste||5||0||0||0||0||0|
|Sweet and Spicy Mango Sauce||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|1/4 cup Mayonnaise||360||40||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 cup Sour Cream||120||10||2||0||2||2|
|2 tbsp. Sugar Free Ketchup||10||0||2||0||2||0|
|1 1/2 tsp. Mango Extract||6||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving ( /5 )||494.4||39.4||3.3||1.2||2.1||29.4|