With eggs, bacon, chicken, and avocado, the cobb salad is already keto friendly. I tried pairing it with a traditional red wine vinaigrette and it was out of this world. I also added in a little sugar substitute to the keto salad dressing, to sweeten it up, and it was delightful.
This is one of the better salads to have if you are near your carb limit for the day as one serving is only 2.4 net carbs! The entire cobb salad is only 26 carbs in total. It is also perfect for those who need an extra boost of fat of protein.
The cobb salad is super easy to make. You can take it to work or prepare it for dinner but keep the dressing separate otherwise it might get a little soggy.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Cobb Salad with Vinaigrette
- 1 bag (170g) spring mix
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 small (200g) cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 3 large eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon sugar substitute
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place your salad ingredients into a large bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together your dressing ingredients until the sugar substitute has dissolved.
3. Serve the salad and top with the dressing.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Cobb Salad with Vinaigrette. Each serving comes out to be 344.12 Calories, 26.27g Fats, 3.02 Net Carbs, and 21.12g Protein.
|Keto Cobb Salad with Vinaigrette||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 bag (170g) spring mix||48||0.8||8.9||3.4||5.5||3.8|
|6 slices cooked bacon, chopped||323||24||1.2||0||1.2||23|
|2 small (200g) cooked chicken breasts, diced||330||7.1||0||0||0||62|
|3 large eggs, hard boiled and chopped||215||14||1.1||0||1.1||19|
|1 medium avocado, diced||227||21||12||9.2||2.8||2.7|
|1/3 cup sliced green onion||11||0.1||2.4||0.9||1.5||0.6|
|½ cup crumbled blue cheese||238||19||1.6||0||1.6||14|
|1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped||27||0.3||5.8||1.8||4||1.3|
|⅓ cup olive oil||630||71||0||0||0||0|
|¼ cup red wine vinegar||11||0||0.2||0||0.2||0|
|½ tablespoon Dijon mustard||4.7||0.3||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.3|
|½ tablespoon sugar substitute||0||0||0||0||0||0|