If you’re looking for a keto-friendly sweet treat, this chocolate stuffed granola bar recipe is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s made from low-carb ingredients and includes lots of good fats and protein that will give you a great energy boost in between meals.
This recipe is really easy to make. All you need to do is make a granola layer and a chocolate layer. To make the granola layer, you simply blend the dry ingredients together in a food processor and then add the wet ingredients such as the coconut oil. Making the chocolate component simply involves heating the coconut cream with the carb-friendly sugars and then melting the chocolate into it until it turns into a nice, smooth sauce.
Putting the recipe together is also easy. Start by heating the granola mix up in the microwave and then place half the mix on the bottom of a lined flat baking tray, followed by the chocolate mixture, and then put the remaining granola mixture on top of that. Finally, place the tray in the freezer and let it freeze for an hour before taking it out and cutting it up into bars. Now you can get stuck in!
Go ahead and give this granola bar recipe a try today. It’s almost certain to become your new go-to favorite sweet treat recipe!
Yields 12 servings of Keto Chocolate Stuffed Granola Bars
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoon low-carb brown sugar replacement
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 13 1/2 ounce canned coconut milk, refrigerated + liquid thrown out
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup low-carb brown sugar replacement
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Add the sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, sweetener, and hemp seeds in a food processor. Pulse until it is a fine powder. Add in the coconut oil and pulse again.
4. Transfer to a glass bowl and put in the microwave for 3 minutes total, taking it out every 30 seconds to stir.
5. Split the mixture in half. Pour half into the baking sheet and push down firmly to form. Set the other half aside for now.
6. In a saucepan over medium heat, add in the solids from the canned coconut milk and brown sugar replacement.
7. Let simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
8. Whisk in the chocolate. Once melted, add back to the heat. Add in the almond butter and whisk until smooth.
9. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the granola mixture in the baking pan. Then, layer it with the other half of the granola. Let set in the freezer for 60 minutes.
10. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
This makes a total of 12 servings of Keto Chocolate Stuffed Granola Bars. Each serving comes out to be 324 calories, 29.4g fat, 4.6g net carbs, and 7.7g protein.
|1.00 cup sunflower seeds||699||64||19.2||11.5||7.7||24.3|
|0.25 cup hemp seeds||221||19.5||3.5||1.6||1.9||12.6|
|1.00 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes||567||45.3||28.3||17||11.3||5.7|
|4.00 tablespoon low-carb brown sugar replacement||11||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon coconut oil||122||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|13.50 ounce canned coconut milk||754||81.6||10.8||0||10.8||7.7|
|0.50 cup almond butter||768||69.4||23.5||12.9||10.7||26.2|
|4.00 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate||728||59.3||32.2||18.8||13.4||16.2|
|0.50 cup low-carb brown sugar replacement||23||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/12)||324||29.4||9.8||5.2||4.6||7.7|