Fat bombs are a staple for many that are on a ketogenic diet. With the ease of being able to hit your macro goals with something delicious that’s almost entirely made from fat, there’s definitely a reason to see why they’re so popular. Usually when I make fat bombs, I’ll make something frozen – but I like having a bit of a change. So, I decided to make some chocolate covered macaroons!
These little macaroons are sweet, gooey, and a delight with every bite. Each macaroon has a wonderful coconut, almond, and chocolate flavor – with 90% calories coming from fat. It’s like a perfect little fat bomb packaged up into a delectable little cookie.
You can choose to either drizzle your macaroons with chocolate, dunk them halfway or completely coat them. For added almond flavor, consider dunking the entire cookie in melted chocolate and dusting crushed almonds over top.
These will be perfect for the holidays to bring out to your guests, too! Chocolate is great for this time of season and these macaroons just scream holidays for some reason. Feel free to make them in advance too, they refrigerate well and can keep for 5-6 days in there. No pressure on eating them all at once!
Yields 12 Keto Chocolate Covered Macaroons
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup erythritol
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20 grams sugar-free chocolate (Lily’s works great)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spread a cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut on into a thin layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Once the oven is hot enough, place the coconut in to toast up a bit. This should take about 4-5 minutes. This step is optional but brings out an extra coconutty flavor.
2. While the coconut is toasting, beat your egg white until it’s foamy and doubled in size.
3. Now add your erythritol and pinch of salt slowly while continuing to mix.
4. Add in almond extract for a twist on normal coconut macaroons.
5. When your coconut flakes have toasted and cooled, add them in and fold everything together.
6. Using a small ice cream scoop (or your hands) tightly pack little balls of macaroon batter and gently place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. This recipe should make about 12 macaroons 1.5 inches in diameter. Bake until they’re golden, about 15 minutes.
7. While they’re baking, make the chocolate drizzle by melting coconut oil and sugar-free chocolate. Stir continuously to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
8. Once the macaroons are out of the oven, drizzle your chocolate over each one of them. If you choose to dunk the macaroons into the chocolate, make sure to let them cool completely before handling. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 12 Keto Chocolate Covered Macaroons. Each macaroon comes out to be 72.62 Calories, 7.23g Fats, 1.53g Net Carbs, and 0.86g Protein.
|Keto ChocolatevCovered Macaroons||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut||534||53.34||21.34||10.6||10.74||5.34|
|1 large egg white||17||0.06||0.24||0||0.24||3.6|
|¼ cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon almond extract||6||0||0.27||0||0.27||0|
|20 grams Lilly’s sugar-free baking chips||71.43||6.43||12.86||5.71||7.15||1.43|
|2 tablespoon coconut oil||243||26.94||0||0||0||0|