What’s not to love about this chicken, fennel, and celery salad? It’s packed full of protein, has lots of crunchy veggies, and is served with a rich and creamy dressing. This dish can be made all year round and makes a great lunch or dinner for yourself, or whip it up if you’re having friends and family over.
There are a few steps to make this dish, but the result is definitely worth the effort. Start by cooking the seasoned chicken breast in a skillet. Chicken breast is a great source of protein and contains much less fat than other cuts of chicken. While your chicken is cooking away, make the crunchy salad by chopping all of the veggies up and then adding them to a bowl. They not only taste great but fennel and celery are also packed full of vitamins and minerals. Finally, you make up the zingy dressing and then mix it through the veggies before platting up your meal. Serve up and enjoy!
If you have any leftovers, this dish makes a great lunch the next day as it is served cold. If you don’t like any of the ingredients in this recipe, you can easily swap them out for alternative ingredients that you prefer. Go ahead and give this tasty, nutritious salad a try!
Yields 2 servings of Keto Chicken Fennel and Celery Salad
- 10 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 medium fennel
- 2 medium celery
- 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, add the ghee and allow to melt.
4. Add in the chicken breast and let cook on both sides for about 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Set aside.
5. Slice the fennel and celery.
6. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Stir together to combine well.
7. Add the fennel and celery to a bowl. Mix in the dressing until coated.
8. Pair the celery and fennel with the chicken breast. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Chicken Fennel and Celery Salad. Each serving comes out to be 523 calories, 32.5g fat, 5.8g net carbs, and 46.1g protein.
|10.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast||468||10.2||0||0||0.0||87.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon ghee||115||12.8||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 medium fennel||73||0.5||17.1||7.3||9.8||2.9|
|2.00 medium celery||12||0.1||2.3||1.2||1||0.5|
|4.00 tablespoon mayonnaise||374||41.2||0.3||0||0.3||0.5|
|1.00 teaspoon lemon juice||1||0||0.3||0||0.3||0|
|1.00 teaspoon dijon mustard||3||0.2||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.2|
|1.00 tablespoon fresh dill||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||523||32.5||10.2||4.4||5.8||46.1|