Are you looking for an easy weeknight meal? Look no further! Tantalize your taste buds with this chicken burrito bowl—packed full of protein, spices, and flavor. Chicken is a keto staple favorite for a reason. It’s high in protein and contains essential amino acids needed to keep your body healthy. Protein helps keep your muscles strong, boost your immune system, and even helps with weight management.
Replacing rice with cauliflower makes this dish low-carb and elevates its nutritional profile, as it’s naturally high in fiber, antioxidants, and B-vitamins. Cauliflower is often used in keto pizzas, stir-fries, and other dishes to make a good carbohydrate replacement. Lighten up your meal with cauliflower and reap the weight loss and digestion benefits.
Don’t forget the flavor! The addition of garlic, onion, and chili powder with a generous helping of paprika and cumin makes it delicious and incredibly warming for those colder days. The tomatoes add a nice acidity to the dish and help balance out some more potent flavors. Feel free to replace the canned tomatoes with fresh ones, if you’d prefer.
Before serving, sprinkle on the cheese of your choice and some salt and pepper. This recipe also keeps well, making it a great work-day lunch option. Just remember to separate the cauliflower rice and chicken mix from each other, so it doesn’t get soggy. You can then assemble it whenever you want.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 16 ounce ground chicken
- 4 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 450 gram cauliflower
- 12 ounce canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup monterey jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a frying pan, add half the olive oil and minced onion and fry on medium heat until translucent.
3. Rinse the cauliflower and chop it until riced in a food processor.
4. Add the ground chicken to the pan and cook until chicken is cooked thoroughly and starts to brown. Then remove from heat.
5. Add the other half of the olive oil to the pan and add the riced cauliflower. Fry on medium heat for about 2 – 3 minutes.
6. Add in the seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Stir together well.
7. Add in the drained diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir to combine well and heat for 1 – 3 minutes. Bring this to a simmer and let the cauliflower absorb all the juices.
8. Put the chicken that you set aside back into the frying pan. Stir well to combine.
9. Top with monterey jack cheese. Let this sit on the stove for 1 – 3 minutes, covered, so the cheese can melt.
10. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Chicken Burrito Bowl. Each serving comes out to be 564 calories, 42.3g fat, 5.9g net carbs, and 38.1g protein.
|16.00 ounce ground chicken||649||36.7||0||0||0||79.1|
|4.00 tablespoon olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|450.00 gram cauliflower||104||2.3||18.5||10.4||8.1||8.1|
|12.00 ounce canned diced tomatoes||54||0.9||11.8||6.5||5.3||2.7|
|1.00 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0||2.3||0.3||2||0.5|
|0.50 teaspoon onion powder||4||0||0.9||0.2||0.8||0.1|
|1.00 teaspoon paprika||6||0.3||1.2||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon chili powder||4||0.2||0.7||0.5||0.2||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon cumin||8||1||0.9||0.2||0.7||0.4|
|0.25 cup chicken broth||4||0.1||0.3||0||0.3||0.4|
|2.00 cup monterey jack cheese||914||74.2||1.7||0||1.7||60|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||564||42.3||10.8||4.9||5.9||38.1|