This chicken and broccoli meal is a quick and easy dinner to make when you’re running low and time and are craving something with a bit of Asian inspiration. All you need is one pan and some ingredients you likely have on hand already!
The sauce is what really makes this dish unique. Coconut milk, peanut butter, and green curry paste simmer together in the bottom of the pan, letting the flavors really soak into the broccoli and cabbage. This comes out in each fork full, bringing salt, umami, and a hint of sweetness to every bite. It’s topped with peanuts and scallions for added texture and flavor, but feel free to squeeze a little bit of lime juice over it too for an extra punch of acidity!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Chicken and Broccoli Wok Meal
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 ounce broccoli
- 1/2 medium onion
- 8 ounce green cabbage, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounce cooked chicken
- 12 ounce canned coconut milk
- 1.5 tablespoon green curry paste
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 ounce peanuts, for garnish
- 2 tablespoon green onion, for garnish
1. Measure and prepare all the ingredients. If you do not have cooked chicken, you can saute the boneless, skinless chicken thighs until cooked through.
2. Peel the onion and cut into wedges. Slice the cabbage finely. Cut the broccoli lengthwise into smaller pieces, keeping the florets and stems together in one piece.
3. Add the coconut oil into the bottom of your wok (or frying pan). Heat on medium to high heat. Mix in the broccoli, onion, and cabbage together in the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut up the cooked chicken into small pieces and add to the wok along with the coconut milk, peanut butter, and green curry paste. Stir until mixed thoroughly. Turn to simmer for 2-5 minutes to let the flavor seep in. Season again to taste.
5. Garnish with peanuts and green onions.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Chicken and Broccoli Wok Meal. Each serving comes out to be 552 calories, 44.1g fat, 10.7g net carbs, and 27.4g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon coconut oil||243||27||0||0||0||0|
|8.00 ounce broccoli||79||0.9||16.3||7.5||8.8||5.4|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|8.00 ounce green cabbage||57||0.1||13.2||5.7||7.5||2.9|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|12.00 ounce cooked chicken||748||44.2||0||0||0||78.2|
|12.00 ounce canned coconut milk||670||72.6||9.6||0||9.6||6.9|
|1.50 tablespoon green curry paste||32||1.3||4.8||0.5||4.3||0.5|
|2.00 tablespoon peanut butter||190||16.1||6.5||1.9||4.5||8.1|
|1.00 ounce peanuts||166||14.1||6||2.4||3.7||6.9|
|2.00 tablespoon green onion||4||0||0.9||0.3||0.6||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||552.75||44.13||15.48||4.75||10.75||27.45|