I came across this idea searching for new recipes to put into the Keto-fied Super Bowl line-up. Of all places, it was Campbell’s Soup who gave me this idea – products that I generally avoid on keto. I thought they were fantastic. Definitely the perfect thing to bring to parties, and even better – enjoy while watching the Super Bowl.
These little cups of cheeseburger goodness will keep all of yours guests happy and they’ll be begging for more. You can make double, triple, or even quadruple batches quite easily depending on how many guests you have, too! It’s a simple recipe that will impress everyone’s taste buds and appetite.
Feel free to make this your own with a personal twist. Add sausage or chorizo to the beef for extra fats and a different flavor. Use non-traditional toppings like avocado and salsa to make a southwestern style burger muffin. You can even cut them in half and serve cold with dipping sauces of your choice – the possibilities are endless!
Yields 9 Keto Cheeseburger Muffins
Cheeseburger Muffin Buns
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 16 ounces ground beef
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (~1.5 oz.)
- 18 slices baby dill pickles (~1 pickle)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
1. Measure out the ground beef and place into a hot pan. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook beef until browned on the bottom, the season with onion powder, garlic powder, and tomato paste. Mix together and turn off the heat. You should be left with “rare” (only semi-cooked) ground beef.
3. Mix together the dry ingredients for the muffins and pre-heat oven to 350F.
4. Add wet ingredients into the muffin mixture and mix well.
5. Divide up the mixture for the muffins into silicone muffin cups. Indent the muffin using your finger or a spoon to give space for the ground beef. Then, fill each muffin with ground beef mixture.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until muffins are browned slightly on the outside.
7. Remove from the oven and top with some cheese, then broil for an additional 1-3 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then remove from the silicone muffin cups.
8. Serve and enjoy! Top with chopped pickles, ketchup, mustard or your favorite condiments!
This makes 9 Keto Cheeseburger Muffins. Each muffin comes out to be 255.67 Calories, 19.67g Fats, 2.97g Net Carbs, and 14.6g Protein.
|Keto Cheeseburger Muffins||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup blanched almond flour||320||28||12||6||6||12|
|½ cup flaxseed meal||280||18||16||12||4||12|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||2||0||1.27||0||1.27||0|
|¼ teaspoon pepper||1||0.02||0.37||0.1||0.27||0.06|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|
|¼ cup sour cream||114||11.13||2.66||0||2.66||1.4|
|16 ounces ground beef||1148||90.4||0||0||0||77.61|
|½ teaspoon onion powder||4||0.01||0.95||0.2||0.75||0.12|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder||5||0.01||1.13||0.1||1.03||0.26|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste||26||0.15||6.05||1.3||4.75||1.38|
|½ cup cheddar cheese (~1.5 oz.)||228||18.82||1.75||0||1.75||12.92|
|8 slices baby dill pickles (~1 pickle)||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup||10||0||2||0||2||0|
|2 tablespoons mustard||18||1||1.78||1.2||1.55||1.12|