Bread is right up at the top of the list when it comes to what we miss being able to eat on our ketogenic diet. These keto bread loves combine high fiber coconut flour with wholesome flaxseed meal and a handful of standard baking ingredients.
The batter is thick, but not sticky, once all the ingredients are stirred together. You can divide it into two mini loaf pans, or pack it all into a regular size loaf pan. For mini loaves, use 5-3/4 by 3-1/4 by 2-1/4 pans and for a full size loaf, try an 8×4-inch pan.
Either way, this bread bakes up light with a mild nutty flavor. It does not taste like coconut at all. It’s perfect on its own with butter, or ghee, or a slather of cream cheese. If you like, you can use it for an occasional sandwich too!
The bread is best when allowed to cool slightly before slicing, but after that, it keeps for several days wrapped tight either at room temperature or in the fridge. To reheat, simply microwave a slice or two for a few seconds.
This bread also freezes very well, and you can simply thaw at room temperature then serve as you like.
Yields 8 servings of Keto Bread Loaves
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ cup flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 350F and grease pan(s). Then sift the coconut flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining dry ingredients and whisk.
3. Add eggs, water and vinegar.
4. Stir until batter comes together. It will be thick.
5. Press batter into pan(s) and bake until cooked through, about 40 minutes.
6. Allow bread to cool in pan until just warm, then remove from pan, slice and enjoy.
This makes a total of 8 servings Keto Bread Loaves. Each serving comes out to be 134.25 Calories, 8.32g Fats, 2.95g Net Carbs, and 8.21g Protein.
|Keto Bread Loaves||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 large eggs, at room temperature||429||28.53||2.16||0||2.16||37.68|
|1 cup coconut flour, sifted||400||24||64||48||16||16|
|½ cup flaxseed meal||240||14||20||16||4||12|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||2||0||1.27||0||1.27||0|
|½ teaspoon baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar||3||0||0.14||0||0.14||0|