These berry yogurt parfaits are cool and refreshing and really easy to put together. A parfait, if you’re not aware, is a French dessert that means a layered frozen dessert that is usually served in a tall glass. They are best made ahead of time, which means they are a great dessert to make when having friends or family over.
To make these parfaits keto-friendly, our recipe calls for a scrumptious mix of keto favorites like Greek yogurt, almond milk, and coconut milk. These provide you with lots of protein and calcium while at the same time keeping the carb count low. Fresh frozen berries, pecans, coconut flakes, and erythritol are included to add some guilt-free sweetness to the desert. To top it off, the parfait is packed with lots of goodies from the pumpkin seeds, pecans, cinnamon, and chia seeds.
To make the layers for this desert, make the chia layer 30 minutes ahead of the other layers or you can make it the night before. Then all you need to do is layer the desert into a tall glass, with the yogurt mixture in between the crunchy layers. Making these parfaits does take some time, but the end result is amazing. Next time you want to whip up a keto-friendly dessert, give these beauties a go!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Berry Yogurt Parfait
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered erythritol
Berry & Yogurt Parfait:
- 3/4 cup frozen berries
- 3/4 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Coconut & Seed Crumble:
- 1/4 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoon pecans
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Let the berries defrost.
2. Combine all of the ingredients for the coconut and seed crumble. Mix to combine well.
3. After the berries are defrosted, mash with a fork to get a paste.
4. Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl for the chia layer. Stir to combine well and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
5. In a jar, layer the chia seed, berries, and coconut/seed crumble. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Berry Yogurt Parfait. Each serving comes out to be 312 calories, 24.7g fat, 7.6g net carbs, and 9.1g protein.
|0.33 cup chia seeds||308||19.5||26.7||21.8||4.9||10.5|
|0.25 teaspoon ground cinnamon||2||0||0.5||0.4||0.2||0|
|0.66 cup unsweetened almond milk||19||1.7||0.8||0.5||0.3||0.8|
|0.50 cup canned coconut milk||223||24.1||3.2||0||3.2||2.3|
|1.00 tablespoon powdered erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.75 cup frozen berries||49||1||11.6||4.2||7.4||1.1|
|0.75 cup full-fat plain greek yogurt||162||8.5||5.1||0||5.1||15.3|
|0.25 cup heavy cream||202||21.4||1.6||0||1.6||1.7|
|0.25 cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes||142||11.3||7.1||4.3||2.8||1.4|
|3.00 tablespoon pumpkin seeds||54||2.3||6.5||2.2||4.2||2.2|
|2.00 tablespoon pecans||90||9.4||1.8||1.3||0.6||1.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||312||24.7||16.2||8.6||7.6||9.1|