A different take on shakshuka is this bacon egg brussel plate! I love the runny eggs over the roasted brussel sprouts between the crunchy and crispy onions.
This makes a great breakfast or brunch on the weekends!
Yields 2 servings of Keto Bacon Egg Brussel Plate
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 4 ounce bacon, chopped
- 250 gram brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Chop the red onion and mince the garlic.
3. Chop the brussels sprouts in half.
4. In a skillet, add the butter and chopped bacon. Let cook on medium heat until tender.
5. Add in the onion and minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 – 5 minutes.
6. Add the brussel sprouts to the pan along with the dijon mustard, chicken broth, and salt and pepper. Let this cook for about 10 minutes with a lid on.
7. Remove the lid and using a spoon, create small wells in the mixture and crack in the eggs in those wells. Cook over medium heat until the whites of the eggs are white and egg yolks are still a bit runny.
8. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Bacon Egg Brussel Plate. Each serving comes out to be 624 calories, 49.3g fat, 9.2g net carbs, and 33.1g protein.
|0.50 medium red onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|4.00 ounce bacon||604||52.9||0||0||0||30.2|
|250.00 gram brussels sprouts||90||1.3||17.8||6.5||11.3||6.5|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon dijon mustard||3||0.2||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.2|
|0.25 cup chicken broth||4||0.1||0.3||0||0.3||0.4|
|4.00 large egg||315||20.9||1.6||0||1.6||27.6|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh parsley||3||0.1||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.2|
|Per Serving (/2)||624||49.3||13.1||3.9||9.2||33.1|