This white chicken chili is packed full of green chilies and chicken thighs. It creates a generous 12 cup batch that is sure to leave some delicious leftovers. A fun alternative to traditional beef chilies.
It’s simple to cook, and fast to cleanup, if you use your Instant Pot. If you don’t own an Instant Pot then you could brown the chicken and onions on a stovetop, then simmer the chili in a slow cooker for 6-8 hours.
It’s a bit protein heavy, so just keep that in mind when planning out the rest of your day. You can reduce it to 27.42 grams of protein by changing the serving size to 1 cup.
Yields 8(1.5-cup) servings of Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 14 ounces canned diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound frozen cauliflower
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Turn your Instant Pot on to the saute setting then melt the butter.
2. Add the diced onion and cubed chicken.
3. Cook until the chicken looks mostly done.
4. Add the green chilies, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, and frozen cauliflower. Stir together.
5. Add the the 4 cups of chicken broth. Seal the instant pot then cook on high-pressure for 30 minutes.
6. Let the Instant Pot sit for 10 minutes before releasing the steam and opening it up.
7. Whisk in the sour cream and heavy whipping cream. Serve immediately.
This makes a total of 8 (1.5-cup) servings of Instant Pot White Chicken Chili. Each serving comes out to be 509.88 Calories, 32.99g Fats, 8.5g Net Carbs, and 41.15g Protein.
|Instant Pot White Chicken Chili||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons butter||204||23.04||0.02||0||0.02||0.24|
|10 medium boneless skinless chicken thighs||1803||61.39||0||0||0||292.93|
|1 medium (110 g) onion||44||0.11||10.27||1.9||8.37||1.21|
|1 pound frozen cauliflower||109||1.23||21.27||10.5||10.77||9.13|
|4 cups chicken broth||60||2.09||4.38||0||4.38||6.37|
|14 ounces canned diced green chilies||107||0||26.41||13.1||13.31||0|
|2 teaspoons cumin||16||0.94||1.86||0.4||1.46||0.75|
|2 teaspoons oregano||10||0.15||2.48||1.5||0.98||0.32|
|1 teaspoon black pepper||6||0.07||1.47||0.6||0.87||0.24|
|2 cups sour cream||911||89.01||21.3||0||21.3||11.22|
|1 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.87||6.52||0||6.52||6.76|