I love egg salad, but I don’t make it nearly as often as I desire. There’s just so much time involved in hard boiling, then peeling all of the eggs needed. You probably know we’ve already got some pretty good recipes for egg salad as well, so if I was going to post another one it would have to be pretty spectacular. Enter the Instant Pot deviled egg salad.
This recipe will show you how to quickly hard boil a ton of eggs in your Instant Pot, then chop it all up. No peeling necessary! It can’t possibly get any easier than this.
This deviled egg salad is otherwise fairly simple. It’s tossed with all the good stuff like crispy bacon, smoky paprika, a dab of mustard, and mayo. We love the Ruled.me recipe for mayonnaise on everything – but you can of course use whatever brand or recipe your prefer.
Yields 5 servings of Instant Pot Deviled Egg Salad
- 10 large eggs
- 5 strips raw bacon
- 2 tablespoons Ruled.me mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 stalk (12 g) green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. You will need a 6-7 inch cake pan. Make sure that it fits inside of your Instant Pot while sitting on top of the steam rack. Take it out and liberally grease the insides of the cake pan. I tested this with some parchment paper and you shouldn’t need any, just make sure the pan is well greased.
2. Crack open the eggs into the cake pan. You do not need to whisk them, and it doesn’t matter if a couple of the yolks break. (Though it’s better if they don’t.)
3. Pour a cup of cold water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then place the steam rack, and set the cake pan on top of it.
4. Close the Instant Pot and make sure that the steam vent is sealed. Pressure cook on high pressure for 6 minutes then allow for a 10 minute natural release.
5. Take the cake pan out of the pressure cooker and blot off any moisture that’s on top of the egg.
6. Turn the pan over on top of a cutting board to release the egg loaf from the pan. Chop up the loaf then scoop it into a mixing bowl.
7. Clean the inner bowl then place it back inside the base of the Instant Pot. Set to medium heat saute. Chop up the slices of bacon then add it into the inner bowl and cook until it’s crispy.
8. Add the bacon and the rendered fat to the chopped eggs. Add mayonnaise, mustard, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
9. Garnish with chopped green onion.
This makes a total of 5 servings of Instant Pot Deviled Egg Salad. Each serving comes out to be 313.44 Calories, 26.36g Fats, 1.31g Net Carbs, and 16.4g Protein.
|Instant Pot Deviled Egg Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|10 large eggs||715||47.55||3.6||0||3.6||62.8|
|5 strips raw bacon||584||55.57||1.79||0||1.79||17.67|
|2 tablespoons Ruled.me mayonnaise||260.2||28.38||0.46||0||0.46||1.16|
|1 teaspoon dijon mustard||3||0.17||0.29||0.2||0.09||0.19|
|¼ teaspoon smoked paprika||2||0.07||0.31||0.2||0.11||0.08|
|1 stalk (12 g) green onion||3||0.06||0.69||0.2||0.49||0.12|
|Per ½ cup serving(/5)||313.44||26.36||1.43||0.12||1.31||16.4|