I have made a ton of recipes with zucchini noodles, but I wanted to make something different and unique. That’s where the fennel bulbs came in.
I paired these fennel noodles with pesto and some cod fillets! An easy, low-carb recipe you can whip up whenever!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Pesto Cod with Fennel Noodles
- 2 medium fennel
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounce wild alaskan cod
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. Trim the stalks off the fennel. Cut the fennel bulbs in half lengthwise then again. Cut out the hard core and remove any bad layers from the outside. Save the top parts of the fennel for garnish.
3. Place the cut up fennel in a food processor with a slicing blade and chop until rough. These will be your “noodles.”
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, add the avocado oil and fennel noodles. Cook for 2-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. In a separate pan, cook the cod for 3-4 minutes on one side, flip, then spoon half of the pesto between the cod fillets and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Spoon the rest of the pesto on top of the cooked fennel noodles.
7. Serve the pesto flavored fennel noodles underneath the pesto cod filets. Season with salt as needed and top with the top parts of the fennel. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Pesto Cod with Fennel Noodles. Each serving comes out to be 324 calories, 18.6g fat, 6.3g net carbs, and 28.8g protein.
|2.00 medium fennel||145||0.9||34.2||14.5||20||5.8|
|2.00 tablespoon avocado oil||241||27.3||0||0||0.0||0.0|
|16.00 ounce wild alaskan cod||476||4.1||0||0||0||104.3|
|0.50 cup pesto||432||42||8.0||2.4||5.6||4.8|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||324||18.6||10.6||4.3||6.3||28.8|