If you’re getting a little tired of Ketoproof Coffee or simple Scrambled Eggs, take a few minutes out of your day and make something a little bit more on the luxurious side. If it’s the weekend and you have a bit of extra time in the morning – this will be a perfect change for a relaxing day.
These little souffle’s are perfect for single serve breakfasts for everyone – packed full of fresh and delicious flavors, and savory meat to keep the fat up and the protein levels down. Normally I just gobble down some coffee to start the day, but there’s always those occasions when I’m looking for a little bit more. Something that will satisfy me, make me feel good while eating, and not just be a plate of sloppy eggs drowned in butter (don’t get me wrong, I love it, but sometimes we all just need a change).
What’s your favorite breakfast to make in the morning when you have some extra time on your hands? Let us know in the comments below!
Yields 5 Servings of Ham Cheddar Chive Souffle
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 ounces ham steak, cooked and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter, to grease ramekins
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Prep all of your ingredients. Cube 6 oz. Cooked Ham Steak, dice 1/2 medium onion, mince 1 1/2 tsp. garlic, shred 1 cup of cheddar cheese, and chop 2-3 tbsp. fresh chives.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil. Once hot, add onions and let saute until soft.
3. Once soft, add garlic and continue sauteing until garlic is lightly browned.
4. In a bowl, add 6 eggs, 1/2 cup heavy cream, chopped chives, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper.
5. Add all of the other ingredients, including onion and garlic from the pan. Mix together well.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned on the top.
7. Let cool slightly and serve!
This makes a total of 5 servings. Each serving comes out to 406.4 Calories, 35.85g Fats, 3.58g Net Carbs, and 19.63g Protein.
|Ham Cheddar Chive Souffle||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|3 tablespoons olive oil||358||40.5||0||0||0||0|
|½ medium onion, diced||22||0.06||5.14||0.9||4.24||0.61|
|1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic||6||0.02||1.39||0.1||1.29||0.27|
|6 ounces ham steak||250||18||3||0||3||27|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||11.52||0.01||0||0.01||0.12|
|6 large eggs||429||28.53||2.16||0||2.16||37.68|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese||457||37.64||3.49||0||3.49||28.84|
|½ cup heavy whipping cream||405||42.94||3.26||0||3.26||3.38|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives||2||0.04||0.26||0.1||0.16||0.2|
|¼ teaspoon black pepper||1||0.02||0.37||0.1||0.27||0.06|