Pork, asparagus, lemon, and garlic butter come together to create a dish that is deliciously moreish and simple to put together. You’re sure to come back for seconds!
Pork is classified as a red meat, and it’s high in vitamins, minerals, and protein. It’s particularly rich in B vitamins like B6 and B12, which can help promote healthy energy levels, digestion, and immune function. The bite-sized pieces of pork in this recipe also taste amazing with the butter and minced garlic’s rich and intense flavors in.
The addition of the asparagus makes it lighter and more fresh. Asparagus is known as a springtime vegetable as it is more tender, vibrant, and ready to harvest in the spring months. The taste of asparagus is quite subtle making it a great addition to the rest of the stronger flavors in this dish.
Add a boost of vitamin C and a zesty kick with some freshly squeezed lemon. The tart taste of the lemon works well to cut through the pork and also works wonders for your skin quality, digestive system, and can even help you lose weight!
Don’t forget to add in the spices to elevate this dish even higher! Parsley, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper add a nice depth to the pork and will ensure you and whoever you’re feeding comes back for more.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Garlic Butter Pork with Lemon Asparagus
- 12 ounce pork tenderloin
- 16 ounce asparagus spears, rinsed + trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced + divided
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 medium lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Dice the raw pork.
2. In a bowl, add the diced pork to a bowl. Season it with half of the minced garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
3. In a frying pan on medium to high heat, add softened butter and diced pork tenderloin to the pan and cook thoroughly until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
4. When cooked thoroughly, remove from pan but leave the pork fat in the pan to cook the asparagus.
5. Add in the chicken broth to the pan.
6. Squeeze a lemon into the pan and let the juices dissolve.
7. Add the asparagus to the pan and let the spears cook for 3 – 5 minutes. Add the remaining minced garlic in with the asparagus.
8. Then, add the pork bites back into the frying pan to get warm again.
9. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Garlic Butter Pork with Lemon Asparagus. Each serving comes out to be 484 calories, 30g fat, 8.8g net carbs, and 41.7g protein.
|12.00 ounce pork tenderloin||408||12||0||0||0||70.3|
|16.00 ounce asparagus spears||91||0.5||17.6||9.5||8.1||10|
|0.25 cup butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.25 cup chicken broth||4||0.1||0.3||0||0.3||0.4|
|0.50 medium lemon||12||0.1||3.9||1.2||2.7||0.5|
|1.00 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes||6||0.3||1||0.5||0.5||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon italian seasoning||3||0.1||0.6||0.4||0.2||0.1|
|2.00 teaspoon onion powder||16||0.1||3.7||0.7||3||0.5|
|1.00 teaspoon paprika||6||0.3||1.2||0.8||0.4||0.3|
|1.00 teaspoon cayenne pepper||6||0.3||1||0.5||0.5||0.2|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||484||30||15.7||6.9||8.8||41.7|