Sink your teeth into these garlic burgers with a side of broccoli and delicious cream sauce. Burgers are a classic keto meal, but I always enjoy spicing it up to add more variety into my weekly dishes.
One key component of this recipe is when cooking the cream sauce, keep the excess butter and other frying juices in the pan. This really ties everything together, cooking the flavors of the burger into the sauce. Dipping the broccoli into this sauce makes it that much better – bringing a luscious, creamy, and buttery accompaniment to really take the meal to the next level. There should be plenty of sauce, so dip your burger in it too, for a different flavor with each bite!
Yields 4 servings of Garlic Burgers with Cream Sauce and Broccoli
- 24 ounce ground beef
- 2 large egg yolk
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounce broccoli
1. Prepare all the ingredients. Separate the eggs, trim the broccoli, chop the onion, and mince the garlic.
2. In a bowl, mix together the beef, egg yolks, onion, minced garlic, and salt and pepper. Form the burgers into patties with your hands, one burger per serving.
3. Add the butter into a pan on medium to high heat to let it start melting. Once hot, fry the burger patties in the butter until they are browned on both sides and cooked through. Take the burgers out of the pan, set aside, and keep warm. Leave any extra fat or browned bits in the pan.
4. Add the heavy whipping cream to the same frying pan. Bring to a boil then let simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. Keep on medium heat, reducing, until desired consistency is reached. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Boil the broccoli for 2-4 minutes. Drain and allow the broccoli to steam until al dente.
6. Plate the burgers with the cream sauce and broccoli.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Garlic Burgers with Cream Sauce and Broccoli. Each serving comes out to be 764 calories, 64g fat, 8.8g net carbs, and 35.4g protein.
|24.00 ounce ground beef||1728||136.1||0||0||0||116.8|
|2.00 large egg yolk||109||9||1.2||0||1.2||5.4|
|1.00 medium yellow onion||41||0.2||9.5||1.3||8.2||1.3|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|1.00 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.9||6.5||0||6.5||6.8|
|16.00 ounce broccoli||159||1.9||32.6||15||17.6||10.8|
|Per Serving (/4)||764.75||64.025||12.925||4.1||8.825||35.425|