These ooey gooey squares of goodness are one of the best ways to get a side in when you need a lot of fat. By itself, this cheese isn’t the best – but it has the solubility to stand up to the high temperature required for frying.
Get a nice layer of crisp on these bad boys and they’re seriously good eats. They make for great snacks, or a great side item to a lean meal or keto Mexican meal. Just be aware that they don’t save great – they’re best served hot.
Yields 5 total servings
- 1 pound queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
1. Grab your queso fresco. I am using 1 pound but the serving sizes areto your own needs.
2. Chop your queso fresco. You can either use cubes or rectangles. It all depends on your own preference. I personally think rectangles turn out better.
3. Heat 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil and 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil in a pan on high. Bring this to the smoke point.
4. Right as the oil hits the smoke point, add your cheese.
5. Let the cheese cook on one side, flip it over to the other side and continue cooking.
6. If you’re cooking cubed cheese, you will need to cook in on each side.
7. Remove the cheese from the pan and rest on paper towels to cool and drain off excess oil.
Per serving, it is 307 Calories, 25.63g Fats, 2.7g Net Carbs, and 16.39g Protein.
|Fried Queso Fresco||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 pound queso fresco||1354||107.9||13.5||0||13.5||81.95|
|1 tablespoon coconut oil||121||13.47||0||0||0||0|
|½ tablespoon olive oil||60||6.75||0||0||0||0|