Mashed Cauliflower was never a selling point for me when it came to eating vegetables. I didn’t like the idea, and I didn’t think the taste was that great. But, I was missing out for a long time.
This recipe is super simple, and extremely tasty! It takes about 8 minutes to make, from start to finish, and is one of the creamiest, rich, and super flavorful side dishes. I love serving it whenever I have a nice steak (like this amazing reverse seared ribeye), or some stuffed pork chops.
The recipe calls for riced cauliflower, which I think everyone should have on hand in their fridge. I usually buy a head of cauliflower to last a week – I’ll pre-rice it in a food processor and store it in a plastic bag in the fridge. It makes it a lot less work when I want to use it, and it relives the stress once it’s all prepped out to use. You could optionally do a few heads at a time and freeze the pre-riced cauliflower for future use.
Yields 3 servings of Easy Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 10 ounces cauliflower, riced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Get the pre-riced cauliflower out of the fridge and measure out 10 oz.
2. Put the cauliflower into the microwave with a paper towel covering the top, then microwave for 5 minutes. You could optionally steam or roast it if you don’t like to use a microwave.
3. Once finished, it should be soft to the touch, but still have some firmness.
4. Mix all of the other ingredients into it.
5. Use an immersion blender to pulse the cauliflower and other ingredients together. Add 1 tbsp. chopped chives to the cauliflower and mix together.
6. Serve! Top the cauliflower mashed potatoes with the remaining chives and enjoy.
This makes a total of 3 servings of Easy Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes. Each serving comes out to be 243.67 Calories, 22.74g Fats, 4.53g Net Carbs, and 5.7g Protein.
|Easy Creamy Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|10 ounces cauliflower, riced||71||0.79||14.07||5.7||8.37||6.16|
|¼ cup sour cream||114||11.13||2.66||0||2.66||1.4|
|3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream||153||16.24||1.23||0||1.23||1.28|
|3 tablespoons butter||305||34.55||0.03||0||0.03||0.36|
|4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese||83||5.47||0.68||0||0.68||7.57|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder||3||0.01||0.56||0.1||0.46||0.13|
|2 tablespoons chopped chives||2||0.04||0.26||0.1||0.16||0.2|