I started my weight loss journey in February 2016. My 52nd birthday rolled around and I was still over-weight. Starting out at 283 lbs. My daughter Jessica started cooking healthy meals for me for about 4 weeks to help keep me get on track. After that my sister DeeDee, and I joined an 8-week kickboxing class (Paul Bowman/No Excuses Ladies Bootcamp).
It was here that Paul introduced me to Keto eating. I was amazed at how easy it was to do. But, most of all…I was enjoying what I was eating. I was excited about cooking again. This has been a lifestyle change I plan on staying with it!! I am more active. Doing 5k’s, Tree obstacles, foam runs, hiking. It has been a life-changer. I am 9 lbs away from 100 lbs lost.
1. What tactics did you employ to help you get to your goal? What did you find helped you get to your goals best?
My first tactic was to go on the web and search “keto desserts”. I am a total Sweet Freak. So I made sure I had some kind of keto sweet treat at my disposal at all times for when I needed to curve my sweet tooth.
2. What is the most impactful change you’ve made to your diet and why do you feel it’s been the most important?
Most impactful has been cutting out processed foods. I never realized how awful they made me feel until I stopped eating them.
3. What is the best single piece of advice you can give to someone that is just starting out?
This is a lifestyle change, not a race. Go at your pace.
4. How do you feel your life is now that you’re at your goal?
Well, I haven’t reached my goal yet. My quality of life has a much bigger circle to work with now. I have hit a lot of peaks on my journey! feeling healthier, weight loss, 5K’s, Tree umps, riding my bike, buying new clothes.
5. What do you consider the biggest change in your day-to-day life?
I feel better about my appearance.
6. What did you do to find support throughout your journey?
I have a great support group with the ladies in my boot camp class.
7. What do you currently do to manage your day-to-day diet?
I don’t bring junk food into my house.
8. What is your favorite keto recipe from www.ruled.me that’s become a staple?
Hands down the Cinnamon Sugar Muffins LOVE them. I told my peeps on my page…Run, jump, skip to your kitchen to make this recipe!
9. If there is one thing that you could do differently during your journey, what would it be and why?
It would be to track my macros better because knowledge is power.