These simple crispy pork bites with a creamy blue cheese sauce make the perfect snack, entertainers nibbles, or delicious dinner treat. Something a bit crispy, a bit salty, creamy, and a little bit sweet. Why not have them with your favorite greens for dinner? I do!
Are you an entertainer? Are you always looking for keto friendly snacks to make that your guests will love? Look no further. These have always been a winner with my friends and family. They go before I can almost get a look in.
If you like blue cheese then add some more! If you aren’t normally a fan of blue cheese, I still urge you to try this. You won’t regret it! It’s a lovely mild taste which, with the caramelized onion, is a little bit sweet. Start with a little blue cheese and adjust with more to your taste.
The best bit is, of course, the deliciously cooked crispy pork belly strips! Who doesn’t love crispy pork belly? Possibly one of the best things about being keto is getting to eat all those delicious cuts of fatty meat. Pork belly is my favorite.
The best tip I can give you for this recipe is to give it a go and don’t take the pork belly strips from the oven until they are completely rendered out and crispy. Once they start to crisp they will burn quickly, but make sure you wait for them to cook far enough.
These little treats don’t take much prep time, and there isn’t much cooking involved so they make the perfect dinner when you come home from work and just don’t feel like cooking much. Whip these up with some green beans or your favorite veg for a satisfying dinner!
Yields 3 servings of Crispy Keto Pork Bites
- 10.5 ounces (300 g) thin pork belly strips*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ large onion, diced
- 1.76 ounces blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
*Thin pork belly strips are best as they will cook faster and crisp better but anything will work here, just adjust your cooking times.
1. Turn oven to its highest setting on bake or fan forced if you have it. Somewhere around 475º F is what we are looking for.
2. Take your pork belly strips and place in an oven dish. Rub in your salt (fine salt like table salt works best). Ensure the pork belly is covered in a thin layer of salt. lace your pork strips in the oven for approx. 30-45 minutes. Keep an eye on them. They will turn a lovely crispy golden brown color and you will see the fat will render out.
3. Take a pan and place the butter an onion on a medium heat. You want to caramelize the onions slowly so they are translucent and nice and sweet.
4. Once your onion is cooked keep the heat on a medium and add your cream.
5. Once cream is warmed through break your blue cheese in and wait for it to melt.
6. Once the cheese is melted place on high heat for a minute or two then pour into a dish.
7. Take your pork out of the oven and allow to cool on a paper towel. Cut into bite size pieces.
This makes a total of 3 servings of Crispy Keto Pork Bites. Each serving comes out to be 448 Calories, 40.56g Fats, 1.9g Net Carbs, and 19.61g Protein.
|Crispy Keto Pork Bites||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|300 grams thin pork belly strips||847||74.1||0||0||0||45.9|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||11.52||0.01||0||0.01||0.12|
|¼ large (37.5 g) onion, diced||15||0.04||3.5||0.6||2.9||0.41|
|1.76 ounces (50 g) blue cheese||176||14.37||1.17||0||1.17||10.7|
|4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream||204||21.65||1.64||0||1.64||1.7|