A very hands off, but extremely tasty recipe – this combines the crispiness of the chicken skin with the tender, almost falling apart, meat. Though it does take nearly an hour in the oven, it will only take you about 5 minutes of prep work to have everything ready. So, once you get home from work, rub some chicken down, let it cook, and enjoy a fantastic meal – hands off, of course 🙂
I also want to say thanks to everyone that visits the website! I know many of you come and see just 1 recipe then leave, but I encourage you to start browsing the website and leaving feedback on other things you want to see. There’s tons of keto recipes, information on keto, and even meal plans. I want to make this the best resource for keto, so if you ever have any suggestions – let me know!
The chicken meat stays extremely moist, the skin gets nice and crisp, and the spices bring a flavor explosion! This is a very similar spice rub to that which I used to make my curries out of. So if you’re a fan of the curry flavor, you will absolutely adore this recipe. My whole family loved it – but unfortunately, that meant no leftovers for me.
It’s totally up to you, but I recommend using the excess fat that comes off the chicken while cooking. It’s very flavorful and…well it’s fat. We all need fats on a ketogenic diet – so spoon it over the chicken or spoon it on top of the side vegetables. Whatever you do, don’t throw it away!
Yields 8 Crispy Curry Rubbed Chicken Thighs
- 8 large bone-in, skin-on, chicken thighs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Gather all the spices you’ll need – phew it’s a lot of spices!
3. Measure out 2 tsp. Yellow Curry, 1 1/2 tsp. Salt, 1 tsp. Ground Cumin, 1 tsp. Paprika, 1 tsp. Garlic Powder, 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper, 1/2 tsp. Allspice, 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder, 1/2 tsp. Ground Coriander, 1/4 tsp. Ground Cardamom, 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp. Ginger.
4. Mix together the spices well.
5. Wrap a baking sheet in foil, then lay the chicken thighs onto the foil.
6. Rub the olive oil into the chicken, giving each piece of chicken about 1/2 Tbsp. Olive Oil. Make sure you do this on both sides. Once oiled, lightly sprinkle the spice mixture over both sides of the chicken and rub it in. Do this a second time with the spices, making sure both sides of the chicken is nicely coated with spice.
7. Bake the chicken at 425F for 50 minutes.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes or so and serve! Most of the oil and fat will be sitting underneath the chicken, so it’s your choice to either serve this or not – personally, I like to spoon it over the chicken for extra flavor.
9. Garnish with red pepper flakes and chives, with a spooning of pan drippings!
Each chicken thigh has 277 Calories, 19.9g Fats, 0.6g Net Carbs, and 21.1g Protein. I serve 2 as a portion, so each serving will have 555 Calories, 39.8g Fats, 1.3g Net Carbs, and 42.3g Protein.
|Crispy Curry Rubbed Chicken Thighs||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|8 Chicken Thighs||1680||105||0||0||0||168|
|1/4 Cup Olive Oil||480||54||0||0||0||0|
|2 tsp. Yellow Curry||13||0||2||1||1||1|
|1 1/2 tsp. Salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 tsp. Ground Cumin||8||0||1||0||1||0|
|1 tsp. Paprika||6||0||1||1||0||0|
|1 tsp. Garlic Powder||9||0||2||0||2||0|
|1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/2 tsp. Allspice||3||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|1/2 tsp. Chili Powder||4||0||0.5||0||0.5||0|
|1/2 tsp. Ground Coriander||5||0||1||1||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Ground Cardamom||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|1/4 tsp. Ginger||2||0||0||0||0||0|