Although this recipe is tucked under the dinner category, the crepes in this recipe have something to say about that. This has become one of my favorite brunch recipes. I love how I can get the sweetness from the crepes but also enough protein from the BBQ chicken. The perfect palette for brunchtime!
These low-carb enchiladas are tangy, sweet, and baked to ooey goodness! Be sure to grab some extra sauce from the bottom of the pan to savor the flavor!
Yields 8 servings of Keto BBQ Chicken Crepe Enchiladas
- 4 cup boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounce red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup low-carb bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded + divided
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 4 large egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Make the crepes by combining all of the ingredients together in a blender. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
3. In a non-stick pan over medium-low heat, spray just enough cooking spray to cover the bottom of the pan. Once hot, add about 1-2 tablespoons of batter.
4. Swirl the pan to spread the batter into a thin layer. Cook the crepe until the edges are slightly hardened and bottom can be loosened with a spatula.
5. Flip and cook on the other side until a light golden-brown color is achieved. Do this until the batter is used up then set aside.
6. In a bowl, add the enchilada sauce, BBQ sauce, and water. Mix together well and set aside.
7. On a cutting board, chop the green onions and cilantro.
8. In a bowl, season the shredded chicken with cumin, garlic, chopped green onions, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine well.
9. Add half the shredded cheddar cheese into this mixture along with some of the sauce. Stir to combine well.
10. “Cut” this filling into even sections in the bowl.
11. Pour some of the sauce into the baking dish and let level out.
12. Take the crepe and spoon in the evenly divided sections of the chicken mixture on one side of the crepe.
13. Roll the crepe and put the side where the crepe meets on the bottom of the enchilada sauce filled baking dish. Repeat this with all the crepes. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the crepes and top with the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Remove the foil and return to the oven to brown the cheese just a bit, about 1-2 minutes.
14. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This makes a total of 8 servings of Keto BBQ Chicken Crepe Enchiladas. Each serving comes out to be 411 calories, 25.5g fat, 6.5g net carbs, and 36g protein.
|4.00 cup boneless, skinless chicken breast||924||20.2||0||0||0||173.6|
|0.75 teaspoon cumin||6||0.3||0.7||0.2||0.5||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon garlic powder||5||0||1.2||0.1||1||0.3|
|0.25 cup green onion||8||0.1||1.8||0.7||1.2||0.5|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10.00 ounce red enchilada sauce||113||0||23.5||4.8||18.7||4.8|
|0.50 cup low-carb bbq sauce||45||0||9.1||0||9.1||0|
|2.00 tablespoon water||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 cup cheddar cheese||990||81.6||7.6||0||7.6||56|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh cilantro||0||0||0.1||0.1||0||0|
|4.00 ounce cream cheese||388||38.6||4.7||0||4.7||7|
|4.00 large egg||315||20.9||1.6||0||1.6||27.6|
|0.75 cup almond flour||486||42||18.5||10.9||7.6||17.6|
|0.25 cup unsweetened almond milk||7||0.7||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.3|
|Per Serving (/8)||411||25.5||8.6||2.1||6.5||36|