This cold zucchini salad is the perfect summery salad for serving alongside BBQ. We create this with sauteed zucchini, celery, lots of onion, and a mayonnaise-based dressing. This salad is great for making ahead because it’s even better if you let it sit overnight.
There’s no need to bust out the spiralizer or even the vegetable peeler because the zucchini is very simply chopped, which gives it a great chunky texture. Try adding some rotisserie chicken and feta cheese for a heartier spin. It’s vegetarian by default and can be made vegan if you use a vegan mayonnaise and butter substitute.
Yields 3 servings of Cold Zucchini Salad
- 16 ounces zucchini
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pepper, to taste
- 1.5 ounces celery, sliced
- 1 ounce green onion, chopped
- 0.5 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Peel the zucchini and then slice in half length-wise. Use a spoon to scrape out the seeds of the zucchini. Chop zucchini into half-inch slices. Place the zucchini in a colander with salt to draw the water out. Leave for 5-10 minutes and then lightly press remaining water out of the zucchini.
2. Quickly sautee the zucchini in a pan with butter over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the zucchini until slightly softened, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
3. Once the zucchini is cooled, mix together the remaining ingredients into a bowl and serve.
This makes a total of 3 servings of Cold Zucchini Salad. Each serving comes out to be 469 Calories, 47.8g Fats, 5.2g Net Carbs, and 3.7g Protein.
|Cold Zucchini Salad||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|16 ounces zucchini||68||1.6||12.2||4.5||7.7||5.2|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||11.5||0||0||0||0.1|
|1.5 ounces celery||7||0.1||1.3||0.7||0.6||0.3|
|1 ounce green onion||9||0.1||2.1||0.7||1.3||0.5|
|0.5 cup mayonnaise||748||82.3||0.6||0||0.6||1.1|
|1 tablespoon chives||1||0||0.1||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|1 teaspoon dijon mustard||3||0.2||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.2|