Lately I’ve been getting a lot of requests to do simpler and easier recipes. Keto definitely has a lot of staple foods for me, but usually I try to post more extravagant recipes on the site. So, I think bringing some quick and easy recipes out will really help people that are just starting out, or trying to find new recipes for simple things. Fat bombs are pretty great for a quick and simple dessert or a snack midday. They’re packed full of fats and are perfect for a ketogenic diet.
Orange Creamsicle’s are something I grew up with as a kid. But, since I went keto, I hadn’t really had much of a chance to really taste one in a while. Mio had gone on sale last week and we decided to pick some up to see what other applications they had besides adding it to water. We tasted the Orange Vanilla flavor and knew right away what we were going to make: fat bombs.
If you don’t have any accessibility to Mio, you can always use a mixture of 1/2 tsp. Orange Extract, 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract, and liquid stevia to taste. Mio is already partially sweetened using sucralose, but I felt like a few drops of stevia really took the sweetness to a better level.
Yields 10 Coconut Orange Creamsicle Fat Bombs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon orange vanilla Mio
- 10 drops liquid Stevia
1. Measure out coconut oil, heavy cream, and cream cheese.
2. Use an immersion blender to blend together all of the ingredients. If you’re having a hard time blending the ingredients, you can microwave them for 30 seconds to 1 minute to soften them up.
4. Spread the mixture into a silicone tray (Mine is an awesome Avenger’s Ice Cube Tray) and freeze for 2-3 hours.
5. Once hardened, remove from the silicone tray and store in the freezer. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 10 Coconut Orange Creamsicle Fat Bombs. Each fat bomb comes out to be 177.4 Calories, 19g Fats, 0.95g Net Carbs, and 1.04g Protein.
|Coconut Orange Creamsicle Fat Bombs||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|½ cup coconut oil||972||107.98||0||0||0||0|
|½ cup heavy whipping cream||405||42.94||3.26||0||3.26||3.38|
|4 ounces cream cheese||397||39.05||6.26||0||6.26||6.97|
|1 teaspoon orange vanilla Mio||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|10 drops liquid Stevia||0||0||0||0||0||0|