Pizza, for breakfast!? Yes, it’s true! Sometimes on keto, I get cravings at weird times. Breakfast food for dinner, and dinner for breakfast. In this case, I was really craving a pizza in the morning. So, I thought it’d be a really nifty idea to use a waffle base as a pizza. It worked great – and it even makes it easy to pull apart each quarter and eat it like a slice of pizza.
You can top the pizza waffle with anything you’d like to – scrambled eggs and bacon with some ranch as the sauce. Or, go another route and do a bit of chicken, homemade BBQ sauce, and cheese. The possibilities are endless – but the base of the pizza (the waffle) will stay the same. It will hold up well and provide the perfect vehicle to put delicious toppings into your mouth.
Yields 2 Breakfast Keto Pizza Waffles
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Tomato Sauce (we use Rao’s)
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese
- 14 slices pepperoni (optional)
1. Add all ingredients (except for tomato sauce and cheese) to a container.
2. Use an immersion blender to blend everything together. About 30-45 seconds until the mixture thickens.
3. Heat your waffle iron and add half of the mixture to the waffle iron.
4. Let cook until there is little steam coming out of the waffle iron. Once done, remove from the iron and repeat with the second half of the mixture.
5. Add tomato sauce (1/4 cup per waffle), and cheese (1.5 oz. per waffle) on the top of each waffle. Then, broil for 3-5 minutes in the oven. Optionally add pepperoni to the top of these.
6. Once the cheese is melted and starting to crisp on top, remove from the oven and serve.
This makes a total of 2 Breakfast Keto Pizza Waffles. Each pizza waffle comes out to be 604 Calories, 48.14g Fats, 7.59g Net Carbs, and 30.65g Protein.
|Breakfast Keto Pizza Waffles||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|4 large eggs||286||19.02||1.44||0||1.44||25.12|
|4 tablespoons grated Parmesan||84||5.57||2.78||0||2.78||5.68|
|3 tablespoons almond flour||120||10.47||4.49||2.2||2.29||4.49|
|1 tablespoon Psyllium husk powder||30||0||8||7||1||0|
|1 tablespoon bacon grease||116||12.84||0||0||0||0|
|1 teaspoon baking powder||2||0||1.27||0||1.27||0|
|1 teaspoon Italian seasoning||5||0.08||1.24||0.8||0.44||0.16|
|½ cup Tomato Sauce (we use Rao’s)||80||7||4||1||3||1|
|3 ounces cheddar cheese||344||28.33||2.63||0||2.63||19.45|
|14 slices pepperoni (optional)||141||12.96||0.33||0||0.33||5.39|