The creamy cauliflower in this dish is paired perfectly with the shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, and the crispy bacon. I like to keep the bacon fat in the pan after the bacon is finished cooking and add it on top of the dish, that way it gives this casserole a salty and juicy palate.
This creamy cauliflower casserole makes for a great dinner dish!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Bacon Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- 4 ounce bacon
- 16 ounce cauliflower
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 8 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Chop the bacon into small pieces. Fry in a pan over medium-high heat until crispy. Set aside, reserving the bacon fat.
3. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the cauliflower into the boiling water, breaking into smaller pieces as you place them into the pot. Boil until fork-tender. When done, drain completely.
4. Chop the cooked cauliflower into smaller pieces. In a bowl, combine the chopped cauliflower, sour cream, and minced garlic. Then, mix in about half of the cheese, half of the bacon fat, and half of the chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add this mixture to a baking pan and top it off with the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
6. Top with bacon, remaining bacon fat, remaining chives, and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Bacon Loaded Cauliflower Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 484 calories, 40.1g fat, 8.7g net carbs, and 23.6g protein.
|4.00 ounce bacon||604||52.9||0||0||0||30.2|
|16.00 ounce cauliflower||104||2.3||18.6||10.4||8.2||8.2|
|0.66 cup sour cream||301||29.4||7.0||0||7||3.7|
|8.00 ounce cheddar cheese||916||75.6||7||0||7||51.9|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh chives||2||0||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.2|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||484||40.1||8.7||2.7||6.0||23.6|