Green beans are one of my favorite things to eat when they’re fresh, and I just don’t eat enough of them. When I get them, I almost always pair them with bacon. Yeah, sure, they’re awesome with garlic and parmesan, but who can resist the bacon?
Since I had made some bacon jam the other day, I figured I would use it in the green beans – and they paid off! This dish was absolutely delectable. Salty, sweet, crunchy, with just the right amount of chew from small pieces of bacon. A must try!
Yields 3 total servings
- 2 ½ cups fresh green beans (~425g)
- 3 tablespoons bacon jam
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Have your green beans ready to go.
2. Bring water to a rolling boil in a pan on the stove.
3. Add your green beans to the pan and let boil for 3-4 minutes.
4. Drain your green beans and add them to an ice bath to blanch them. This stops the cooking process and helps keep their crispness.
5. In a skillet, add 3 Tbsp. Bacon Jam and 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil.
6. Drain your green beans and put them on a kitchen towel to dry.
7. Bring your bacon jam and olive oil to a sizzle.
8. Add your green beans to the pan.
9. Stir everything well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
10. Serve green beans while warm.
Per Serving, they have: 158.55 Calories, 11.31g Fats, 6.88g Net Carbs, and 4.81g Protein.
|Bacon Jammin’ Green Beans||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 ½ cups fresh green beans (~425g)||132||0.94||29.62||11.5||18.12||7.78|
|3 tablespoons bacon jam||224.64||19.5||2.88||0.36||2.52||6.66|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|