While on a ketogenic diet, we’re usually looking for simple meals that re-create old tastes that we love. A meal that I used to love to take to work was a cheeseburger salad. Practically all of the flavors of a cheeseburger, but crumbled up over lettuce.
However since the cooler weather is here, I wanted to create a heartier dish that can be easily re-heated or served straight to a hungry family as-is. Plus, you may know I love my cold keto food – and this one tastes just as good right out of the fridge for a fast and tasty breakfast!
If you’re one to take part in Meal Prep Sunday, this would be perfect to try. It only takes around 45 minutes to make the entire casserole, and could very easily become part of your weekly rotation. Plus, if you want to multiply the recipe to make a few at a time – it’s very easily done.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 lb. Ground Beef (80/20)
- 3 slices Bacon
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 265 g Cauliflower, riced (~3 cups chopped)
- 1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tbsp. Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 3 large Eggs
- 4 oz. Cheddar Cheese (2 oz. inside, 2 oz. on top)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Rice cauliflower in food processor. Add dry ingredients and mix together.
2. Process bacon and ground beef in food processor until crumbly and slightly pasty. Cook over medium-high, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Shred the cheese while meat is cooking. Once the meat is done, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and add 2 oz. (half) of the cheddar cheese.
4. Add eggs, mayo, ketchup, and mustard to the mixture. Using a fork or your hands, mix everything together well.
5. Press mixture into a 9×9 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Then, top with 2 oz. (the other half) of the cheddar cheese.
6. Place on top rack and bake for 25-30 minutes. For additional crisp on top, broil 2-3 minutes or until browned.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
8. Slice, and serve with additional toppings. Ideas: mustard, extra reduced sugar ketchup, and pickes.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole. Each serving comes out to be 478 Calories, 35.5g Fats, 3.6g Net Carbs, and 32.2g Protein.
|Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole||Calories||Fats (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|1 lb. Ground Beef||1232||80||0||0||0||120|
|3 slices Bacon||345||32||0||0||0||11|
|1/2 cup Almond Flour||320||28||12||6||6||12|
|265g Cauliflower, riced||66||0||14||7||7||5|
|1 tbsp. Psyllium Husk||30||0||8||7||1||0|
|1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|1/2 tsp. Onion Powder||4||0||1||0||1||0|
|Salt and Pepper to Taste||3||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 tbsp. RS Ketchup||10||0||2||0||2||0|
|1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard||4||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 tbsp. Mayonnaise||180||20||0||0||0||0|
|3 large Eggs||210||15||1.5||0||1.5||18|
|4 oz. Cheddar Cheese||460||38||2||0||2||27|
|Per Serving ( /6 )||478.0||35.5||6.9||3.3||3.6||32.2|