I cook my weekly meals on Sunday, so if I am running late on my schedule I will be sure to bang out a quick keto chili for the week ahead. Chili is always a staple during my weekdays in winter, but I don’t always have time to simmer them for 6 hours at a time. You can freeze and re-heat this as you want, too! That’s why I came up with this.
As a quick aside if you do have time, please do yourself the favor of trying our our most popular chili recipe: Not Your Caveman’s Chili. It takes some extra time, but it’s certainly worth it!
This a quick and easy go-to keto chili recipe if you’re low on time or just want to get a large amount of food out fast. It’s something that’s pretty minimal effort and isn’t too bothersome if you’re coming home exhausted from work. If you have some sausage on hand, I suggest mixing about 20% in. It’s a great way to put a twist on your usual ground beef, and coax out a great flavor from your vegetables.
If you get all the prep and cooking down to a science, you’ll be looking at under 30 minutes for a full keto chili that tastes pretty darn great (considering)! Feel free to top with your favorite keto condiments or toppings. I usually go with some bacon, spring onion, and cheese – but I wanted to change things up this time. I have some freshly minced onion and jalapeno with sour cream and cheese.
Yields 6 Servings of Easy 30 Minute Keto Chili
- 2 pounds 85/15 ground beef
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 cup Rao’s tomato sauce
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 2/3 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop the onion and bell peppers to size of your liking. I like to chop them into strips, then halve the strips.
2. Put your ground beef in a pot over medium-high heat and start to brown it. Season with salt and pepper.
3. While the ground beef is browning, start to saute your vegetables over medium-high heat in olive oil. Remember to season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally while the beef is cooking.
4. Add your cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to your ground beef then mix well.
6. Once the beef is browned, add the spinach to the pot. Let stream for 2-3 minutes, then mix in well. Reduce heat for the pan of peppers and onions to low and cook until vegetables have softened.
7. Measure out 1 cup of low carb tomato sauce (we use Rao’s) and add into the pot. Stir well, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add in the parmesan cheese and then stir together.
9. Lastly, add the vegetables to the pan and stir to incorporate. Let cook for a few more minutes.
10. Once ready, serve hot with your favorite keto toppings! Here you see pictures minced onions and jalapeno with cheese and sour cream.
Without using stocks, you can’t expect the great flavor of a 6 hour chili in only 30 minutes. Even though we take a shortcut, the end result is a lovely rustic chili that’ll fill just about any belly for the night. Plus, it makes extra so you can always have leftovers. This makes about 6 servings, each serving being: 404.33 Calories, 27.06g Fat, 5.11g Carbs, and 31.09g Protein.
Remember that you’ll increase the fat content as you pile on the additional toppings.
|Easy 30 Minute Keto Chili||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 pounds 85/15 ground beef||1949||136||0||0||0||168.55|
|8 cups spinach (~8 oz.)||55||0.94||8.71||5.3||3.41||9.72|
|1 cup Rao’s tomato sauce||140||9||12||8||4||2|
|2 medium green bell peppers (238 g)||48||0.4||11.04||4||7.04||2.05|
|2/3 medium onion (150 g)||60||0.15||14.01||2.5||11.51||1.65|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|1 tablespoon cumin||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 ½ tablespoons chili powder||34||1.71||5.96||4.2||1.71||1.62|
|2 teaspoons cayenne pepper||11||0.62||2.04||1||1.04||0.43|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder||10||0.02||2.25||0.3||1.95||0.51|