Over the years, traditional spinach dip from the store has gotten a bit bland. It all tastes like the same stuff – cream cheese and some spices put together and poured out into the thousands of plastic containers that you see on the shelf. This? Nothing of the sort. It’s packed full of flavors and bursting with a different texture in every single bite. Paired with chia crackers or pork rinds, nobody that’s eating this will even have a clue they’re eating keto – it’s that good! Whether you’re hosting a party or going out to a get together, all your friends and family will love it!
This party dip oozes when you take it out of the oven, inviting your guests (or just you) to dip anything they can in it. The gooey cheese coats anything you dip into it, and stretches as you pull away – giving you a mouthwatering spinach dip that’s better than your neighborhood restaurants’. The roasted garlic (recipe here) adds that deep traditional flavor that you quite often lack in a spinach dip, and the bacon is the cherry on top. Everyone will be coming back for seconds and thirds, so make sure you stock up.
Yields 6 Servings of Bacon & Roasted Garlic Spinach Dip
- 6 slices bacon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, wilted in bacon grease
- 2.5 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic (recipe here)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Meausre out 8 oz. of cream cheese. If you don’t have a kitchen scale, I suggest getting one. They have good ones on Amazon.
2. Start by frying the bacon. Lay 6 slices of bacon into a pan over medium heat. Let this cook until crisp.
3. Once crisp, lay the bacon onto paper towels and allow for the excess grease to drain off to get extra crispy. Set aside and preheat your oven to 350F.
4. Add 5 oz. of Spinach to the pan with the bacon grease and allow it to wilt down. Once it’s wilted down, set aside.
5. In a bowl, add cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped parsley, and 1 tbsp. roasted garlic (recipe here). You can add salt and pepper to taste here.
6. Mix everything together, then crumble the bacon and add it into the bowl. Mix again.
7. Now, add the wilted spinach, excess bacon grease, and 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Mix everything together well.
8. Grate 2.5 oz. parmesan cheese and then add it to the bowl. Mix everything together well.
9. Divide the mixture between 3 standard sized ramekins.
10. Bake for 25 minutes, then broil for an additional 3-4 minutes.
11. Serve with your favorites – chia seed crackers, flax crackers, pork rinds…or top your favorite dish off with this, it’s delicious!
This makes 6 total servings. Each serving comes out to be 274 Calories, 23.6g Fats, 4.6g Net Carbs, and 11g Protein.
|Bacon and Roasted Garlic Spinach Dip||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|6 slices bacon||266||21.03||0.66||0||0.66||17.36|
|8 ounces cream cheese||794||78.11||12.52||0||12.52||13.95|
|½ cup sour cream||228||22.25||5.32||0||5.32||2.81|
|5 ounces fresh spinach||33||0.55||5.15||3.1||2.05||4.06|
|2.5 ounces parmesan cheese, grated||305||20||3||0||3||27|
|1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh parsley||2||0.05||0.36||0.2||0.16||0.17|
|1 tablespoon roasted garlic||13||0.04||2.98||0.2||2.78||0.53|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice||3||0.04||1.04||0||1.04||0.05|