If you love steak, and you’re a chili fan, get ready for a dream dish with Slow Cooker Steak Lovers Chili! Instead of the usual ground beef, here we use cubed grass fed steak and marry it with all the traditional chili seasonings we love for a true gourmet style chili!
The best part is, it cooks right in the slow cooker while you’re off doing other things. If you’re working all day, whether away from home or in your home office, you’ll love having such a satisfying dinner ready at the end of a busy day.
In cooler weather, a warm bowl of chili loaded up with toppings is always a hit. Let’s not forget about football season! You’re almost guaranteed to be asked for this recipe more than once if you serve it to your fellow fans.
Yields 12 servings of Slow Cooker Steak Lovers Chili
- 2 1/2 lbs grass fed steak , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/8 ttsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup leeks, sliced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, whole with juice
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock
Optional Toppings Per Bowl
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1 tsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Place all ingredients, except for the toppings, into a slow cooker in the order given.
2. Stir, cover, and set the slow cooker to high. Cook for about 6 hours, or until the steak is tender.
3. Use a fork to shred some of the steak cubes if and break up any tomatoes that remain intact.
4. Serve the chili hot in bowls with any desired toppings.
This makes a total of 12 servings Slow Cooker Steak Lovers Chili. Each serving, with toppings, comes out to be 540 Calories, 41.32g Fats, 5.67g Net Carbs, and 32.47g Protein.
|Slow Cooker Steak Lovers Chili||Calories||Fat (g)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Net Carbs (g)||Protein (g)|
|2 ½ lbs grass fed steak||2,399||146.63||0||0||0||266.6|
|1 Tbsp. ancho chili powder||24||1||4||3||1||1|
|½ tsp. ground cumin||4||0.23||0.46||0.1||0.36||0.19|
|½ tsp. salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper, optional||1||0.08||0.25||0.1||0.15||0.05|
|1/8 tsp. ground black pepper||1||0.02||0.34||0.1||0.24||0.06|
|½ cup sliced leeks||27||0||6.5||1||5.5||0.5|
|2 cups canned tomatoes||156||1.2||36||9.2||26.8||8|
|1 cup chicken or beef stock||20||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per serving (/12)||219.33||12.43||3.96||1.13||2.84||23.03|
|Optional toppings per bowl:|
|¼ shredded cheddar cheese||114||9.36||0.36||0||0.36||7.03|
|2 Tbsp. sour cream||46||4.8||0.6||0||0.6||0.4|
|½ avocado, sliced or cubed||161||14.73||8.57||6.7||1.87||2.01|
|1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Serving with toppings||540.33||41.32||13.49||7.83||5.67||32.47|