This easy Italian bake combines the delicious tastes of chicken, broccoli, and cheese. This creates a quick to make Italian inspired dish. The recipe uses eggs and heavy whipping cream for a base that will crust. The batter is flavored with with mustard, tomato sauce, garlic and herb seasoning for some extra flavor. This is great for a quick lunch or dinner, or even as leftovers for breakfast.
The recipe is extremely versatile, and seasonings and flavors can be changed up too. I like to use a garlic and herb seasoning since it reminds me of past carby Italian dishes I’ve had. Most stores carry a garlic and herb seasoning, so it shouldn’t be hard to find.
If you’re planning this as a make ahead meal, then I can tell you that this Italian bake freezes well. I like to cut individual pieces and place in freezer bags. When you’re ready to eat one, you can either wait for it to thaw out or pop it in the microwave.
Yields 8 servings of Savory Italian Egg Bake
- 10 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs.
2. Whisk in the mustard, garlic and herb seasoning, and heavy whipping cream.
3. When that’s blended well, slowly whisk in the tomato sauce until it’s no longer lumpy. Add in the diced chicken and broccoli florets.
4. Grease a casserole dish or a large baking pan, then pour in the Italian bake.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes on top of the Italian bake. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350°F, or until the top looks like a crust.
6. Before serving, top the Italian bake with some sharp extra sharp cheese. You could also use any other cheese that you like, such as mozzarella or pepper jack.
This makes a total of 8 servings of Savory Italian Egg Bake. Each serving comes out to be 307 Calories, 12.13g Fats, 2.35g Net Carbs, and 13.3g Protein.
|Savory Italian Egg Bake||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|10 large eggs||715||48||4||0||4||63|
|2 cups diced cooked chicken breast||462||10||0||0||0||87|
|12 ounces frozen broccoli florets||115||1.1||23||9||14||9.7|
|½ cup heavy whipping cream||405||43||3||0||3||3|
|3 tablespoons mustard||31||2||2||2||0||2|
|½ cup grated Parmesan cheese||210||14||7||0||7||14|
|2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1 cup shredded extra sharp cheese||440||36||4||0||4||24|
|1/2 cup tomato sauce||80||7||4||1||3||1|
|1 teaspoon parsley flakes||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/8)||307||20.14||5.8||1.5||4.38||13.3|