I find that I struggle the most during weeknight dinners because, honestly, who has time to slave in the kitchen after a hard day’s work? This Prosciutto and Mozzarella Bomb is not only filling, but it also pairs well with almost anything! Made from a fresh mozzarella ball wrapped in prosciutto, then pan-fried – which creates a salty, smokey, and crispy exterior for the cheese filling.
Throw on top of a bowl of baby spinach, olive oil, and balsamic glaze. Or how about sliced tomatoes seasoned with salt, pepper, and some basil? Make the bombs ahead of time for even quicker prep. Or substitute the mozzarella with creamy Burrata cheese for an even more indulgent spin!
Yields 4 servings of Prosciutto and Mozzarella Bomb
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella ball
- Olive oil, for frying
1. Layer half of the prosciutto slices vertically. Lay the remaining slices horizontally across the first set of slices.
2. Place your mozzarella ball, upside down, onto the crisscrossed prosciutto slices.
3. Firmly, but very carefully, wrap the mozzarella ball with the prosciutto slices.
4. If making ahead, wrap the balls in cling film and refrigerate.
5. To serve, heat the olive oil in a skillet and crisp the prosciutto on all sides.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Prosciutto and Mozzarella Bomb. Each serving comes out to be 253 Calories, 19.35g Fats, 1.08g Net Carbs, and 18g Protein.
|Prosciutto and Mozzarella Bomb||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|4 ounces sliced prosciutto||221||9.4||0.3||0||0.3||31|
|8 ounces fresh mozzarella ball||552||41||4||0||4||41|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|