Awww yeah – I have some news! I’m so excited this week to announce that our first cookbook, Cooking by the RULED Book has finally been published! It’s pretty exciting stuff when you can officially call yourself an author – and the positive feedback has really been awesome. I’m so happy that you guys visit the website, find the recipes great, and can share them all with your friends.
Anyway, enough about me – time for the recipe, right? So I have a ton of pistachios laying around that I bought when traveling, and decided it was about time that I started to use them up. Though it’s not in season right now, I had the urge to make something with pumpkin in it. I thought why not put some chocolate and pistachios in there for good measure.
I love having keto muffins for breakfast, and these are what I made them for. I store them up for later use in the week, and take one or two with me on the way out. They work wonders, and I’m sure they’ll help you out too – especially those of you pressed for time. I can keep them in my fridge for about 2 weeks, but truth be told they never last that long!
If you are a lover of the spice cakes, or if you made the pumpkin cheesecake tarts and liked them, you’ll be a sure lover of these! The cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger work together beautifully. The salt from the pistachios really bring that chocolaty goodness out, while playing off the sweetness of the vanilla.
Let me know what you think if you make them in the comments below! If you end up buying a copy of the cookbook and run into any problems – feel free to shoot me an e-mail and I can usually get back to you within the hour. Thanks again everyone for your awesome support!
Yields 8 Total Pistachio Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup salted pistachios
- ½ cup erythritol
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3 bars dark ChocoPerfection*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
*Or 90%+Cacao Squares.
1. Preheat your oven to 325F.
3. Add all of your dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl. 1 1/2 Cups Honeyville Almond Flour, 1/2 Cup Just NOW Erythritol, 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda, 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. Cloves. You can also add the ginger here if you are using ground and dried ginger.
4. In a separate bowl, add 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree, 2 Large Eggs, 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, 2 tsp. Quality Vanilla, and 1/2 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar. If you’re using minced (wet) ginger, add the 1/2 tsp. of Ginger here.
5. Roughly chop your 3 Chocoperfection Dark Chocolate Bars. If you can’t afford these or want to use different chocolate, you can use 3 Square of 90% (or higher) cacao.
6. Mix all of the wet ingredients together well.
7. Mix all of the dry ingredients together well.
8. Pour 1/2 of your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and slowly mix them together. Add the second half of your wet ingredients and completely combine them.
9. Add your chocolate chunks and 1/2 Cup Pistachios to the mixture and fold them in.
10. Line your cupcake tray with 8 Cupcake Liners, then evenly distribute your batter between them. You can fine some awesome designed cupcake liners online, too!
11. Bake your muffins for 25-30 minutes (I did 27 minutes exactly) until they are golden brown. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes.
12. Store your muffins in a Tupperware container and eat as you want for breakfast! This one fits 8 muffins perfectly.
If you end up making all 8 muffins, each muffin will have: 269 Calories, 23.54g Fats, 5.45g Net Carbs, and 7.99g Protein.
|Pistachio and Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 ½ cups almond flour||959||84||36||18||18||36|
|½ cup pumpkin puree||50||0||11||3||8||2|
|½ cup salted pistachios||350||28.18||16.94||6.3||10.64||12.95|
|½ cup erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2 large eggs||143||9.51||0.72||0||0.72||12.56|
|¼ cup coconut oil||486||53.99||0||0||0||0|
|3 bars dark ChocoPerfection||117||12||12||9||3||0|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract||24||0.01||1.06||0||1.06||0.01|
|1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon||10||0.05||3.14||2.1||1.04||0.16|
|½ teaspoon baking soda||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar||1||0||0.02||0||0.02||0|
|½ teaspoon nutmeg||6||0.4||0.54||0.2||0.34||0.06|
|½ teaspoon cloves||3||0.14||0.69||0.4||0.29||0.06|
|½ teaspoon ginger||3||0.04||0.64||0.1||0.54||0.08|