The New Year’s coming around and I always love making spice cakes at this time a year. Winter is here and there’s nothing better than a nice warm spice cake after a great meal.
These light, fluffy, and moist cakes will bring a delightful warmth to your taste buds only to be cooled off by a zest and quick pinch of lemon with the cream cheese. A decadent treat for any occasion!
Optional: Add 1 Tbsp. rum to each cupcake after the come out of the oven. Drizzle it over the cakes and let it soak through. Let it seep into all the nooks and crannies of the cupcakes. This makes for a delicious dessert for a party!
Yields 12 cupcake spice cakes
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup erythritol
- ½ cup salted butter
- 5 tablespoons water
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons erythritol
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon lemons zest
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, add your ¾ Cup of Erythritol and ½ Cup Salted butter. Use salted butter because it gives a nicer flavor in the end.
3. Cream them together with a hand mixer until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add 2 eggs and vanilla to the mixture and continue to mix.
5. Once the mixture is smooth, add your additional 2 eggs and mix well.
6. Grind your clove in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder.
7. Add all your spices and baking powder to the mixture and mix well.
8. Add your almond flour to the batter and use a hand mixer to ensure a creamy consistency.
9. Add the water to the batter and mix it well again, you should end up with a light and creamy texture.
10. Spray a cupcake tray with oil or coat them with butter. Fill them about 2/3 the way full with the batter.
11. Put the cupcakes into the oven for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
12. While the cupcakes are cooking, we need to make the frosting.
13. In a mixing bowl, add your cream cheese, butter, erythritol, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
14. Mix it together well with a fork and then let it sit for 10 minutes to come to room temperature.
15. Once the cupcakes are ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool for 15 minutes.
16. The icing should be at room temperature now. Cream it together with a hand mixer and put it into a Ziploc bag to pipe onto the cupcakes.
17. Remove your cupcakes from the tray and ice them well. About 1 Tbsp. icing per cupcake.
18. Serve and enjoy!
Per cupcake, these are: 285.17 Calories, 27.07g Fats, 3.64g Net Carbs, and 7.38g Protein.
|Low Carb Spice Cakes||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 cups almond flour||1279||112||48||24||24||48|
|¾ cup + 3 tbsp erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|½ cup + 2 tbsp salted butter||1018||115.1||0.09||0||0.09||1.2|
|4 large eggs||286||19.02||1.44||0||1.44||25.12|
|2 teaspoons baking powder||5||0||2.55||0||2.55||0|
|2 teaspoon vanilla extract||24||0.01||1.06||0||1.06||0.01|
|½ teaspoon cinnamon||3||0.02||1.05||0.7||0.35||0.05|
|½ teaspoon nutmeg||6||0.4||0.54||0.2||0.34||0.06|
|½ teaspoon allspice||2||0.08||0.69||0.2||0.49||0.06|
|½ teaspoon ginger||3||0.04||0.64||0.1||0.54||0.08|
|¼ teaspoon ground clove||1||0.07||0.34||0.2||0.14||0.03|
|8 ounces cream cheese||794||78.11||12.52||0||12.52||13.95|
|½ tablespoon lemons zest||1||0.01||0.48||0.3||0.18||0.04|