Risotto in a traditional form is a heavy carb meal. Like with other dishes, fresh cauliflower is always a good substitute for those heavy carb meals. The cauliflower is cooked with heavy cream, butter, and seasonings. Then parmesan cheese is melted into the dish. This is finally topped with walnuts, goat cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil!
I enjoy fresh cauliflower best, but you could use frozen cauliflower rice if you prefer.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Walnut Cauliflower Risotto
- 24 ounce cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounce grated parmesan cheese
- 3 ounce spinach
- 5 ounce goat cheese
- 1 ounce walnuts
1. Measure out and prepare all ingredients.
2. Rinse cauliflower and cut into smaller florets. Put this in a food processor and pulse until you get a fine texture, resembling rice.
3. In a frying pan on low heat, add heavy cream, butter, lemon juice, and onion powder. Stir together.
4. Add cauliflower to the pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Once the cauliflower starts to get tender, stir in the parmesan cheese.
6. Once the cheese is incorporated, stir in the spinach.
7. Plate and serve with goat cheese and walnuts.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Walnut Cauliflower Risotto. Each serving comes out to be 687 calories, 62.7g fat, 8.5g net carbs, and 22.5g protein.
|24.00 ounce cauliflower||156||3.4||27.9||15.7||12.3||12.3|
|1.50 cup heavy cream||1214||128.5||9.6||0||9.6||10|
|4.00 tablespoon butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|3.00 tablespoon lemon juice||8||0.1||2.6||0.3||2.2||0.2|
|2.00 teaspoon onion powder||16||0.1||3.7||0.7||3||0.5|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 ounce grated parmesan cheese||367||24.3||3.5||0||3.5||32.7|
|3.00 ounce spinach||20||0.2||3.2||2||1.2||2.5|
|5.00 ounce goat cheese||374||29.8||0||0||0||26.9|
|1.00 ounce walnuts||185||18.5||3.9||1.9||2||4.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||687||62.7||13.6||5.2||8.5||22.5|