This is a rich tuna salad, served as a salad, that’s punched up with pesto and lemon. It’s creamy without feeling overly heavy, so it’s perfect for serving up as a summery lunch.
I also love that this dish can be tossed together in less than 10 minutes and is a single serving. This makes it great for those of you who are taking lunch to work or live alone. Plus, if you keep the basic ingredients on hand in your pantry then it’s an inexpensive option that you can make whenever you want.
Yields 1 servings of Keto Tuna Salad with Pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large leaves iceberg lettuce
- 1 small tomato
- ½ small cucumber
- ¼ medium avocado
- 1 can (3.4-ounce) tuna in oil, drained
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons full-fat Greek yogurt*
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
*You can substitute with more mayonnaise if you prefer.
1. Add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and some salt and pepper to a jar. Close the lid on the jar then shake to combine.
2. Prep the ingredients for the salad by tearing up the lettuce leaves and placing in a bowl. Cut up the tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado then arrange on top of the salad.
3. Mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, yogurt, pesto, lemon juice, and some salt.
4. Add the tuna mix to the top of the salad, then drizzle the dressing over the top.
This makes a total of 1 serving of Keto Tuna Salad with Pesto. Each serving comes out to be 604.8 Calories, 46.5g Fats, 9g Net Carbs, and 34.5g Protein.
|Keto Tuna Salad with Pesto||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||119||14||0||0||0||0|
|½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar||1.6||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|4 large leaves iceberg lettuce||5.2||0.1||1.1||0.5||0.6||0.3|
|1 small tomato||16||0.2||3.5||1.1||2.4||0.8|
|½ small cucumber||12||0.1||2.9||0.4||2.5||0.5|
|¼ medium avocado||80||7.4||4.3||3.4||0.9||1|
|1 can (3.4-ounce) tuna in oil, drained||125.3||0.6||0||0||0||28|
|1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise||141||15||0.1||0||0.1||0.2|
|1 ½ tablespoons full-fat Greek yogurt||21||1.1||0.8||0||0.8||1.9|
|1 tablespoon pesto||82||8||1.2||0.1||1.1||1.7|
|2 teaspoon lemon juice||1.7||0||0.6||0.1||0.5||0.1|