Pizzas are something I would have never dreamed of eating on the keto diet. Store bought pizza crusts and restaurant pizzas have too many carbs. As you know, it is best to make most dishes from scratch and this one is no exception! With this recipe you can learn how to make a keto-friendly pizza with low carb tortillas as the crust.
The crust of the pizza, the tortillas, taste like real flour tortillas and make for the perfect base of these mini pizzas! The fresh basil leaves and the mozzarella pearls that are the topping bake well with the low carb tomato sauce!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Tortilla Pizza
- 2 large egg
- 2 large egg white
- 6 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup low carb tomato sauce
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure and prepare all the ingredients. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. First, we’ll start by making the tortillas. In a bowl, beat together the eggs and egg whites with a mixer until fluffy. Add the cream cheese and continue beating until the mixture is smooth.
3. While continuously mixing, add the psyllium husk powder, coconut flour, and salt into the batter slowly.
4. Let the batter sit for a few minutes until it is thickened in consistency, similar to American pancake batter.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently pour the batter onto the parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread the batter thin (about 1/4″ thick).
6. Bake on the upper rack in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes. The tortilla edges should turn a little brown but make sure the bottoms do not burn.
7. Turn the oven up to 450F. Spread the tomato sauce evenly on the tortilla(s).
8. Add the fresh mozzarella and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Tortilla Pizza. Each serving comes out to be 380 calories, 30.1g fat, 7g net carbs, and 21.1g protein.
|2.00 large egg||157||10.5||0.8||0.0||0.8||13.8|
|2.00 large egg white||34||0.1||0.5||0||0.5||7.2|
|6.00 ounce cream cheese||582||57.8||7||0||7||10.5|
|1.00 teaspoon psyllium husk powder||19||0||4.3||3.7||0.5||0|
|1.00 tablespoon coconut flour||20||1.2||3.3||2.3||1||1|
|0.00 none salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 cup low-carb tomato sauce||29||0.3||7.1||1.8||5.3||1.6|
|8.00 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese||680||50.7||5||0||5||50.3|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh basil||1||0||0.1||0.1||0||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0.0|
|Per Serving (/4)||380.5||30.1||7||2||5||21.1|