Looking for a new keto-friendly lunch or dinner that’s full of flavor? Then this tahini tofu stir fry with cauliflower rice is worth trying out. It’s super-healthy, flavorful, and can be whipped up quickly.
The star of this dish is tofu, which is protein-dense. This makes this recipe great for vegetarians on the keto diet. To make the dish, you need to cook the tofu and vegetables in one pan and the cauliflower rice in another. Once the tofu mixture is cooked, add the tahini sauce. As soon as both components are ready, serve the stir fry over the cauliflower rice in large bowls with your favorite herbs on top. Simple as that.
Cauliflower rice is super easy to make. All you need to do is blitz raw cauliflower in a blender and then cook it in a pan for a few minutes to give it a lovely crispy texture. The rice is served underneath the tofu and vegetables so it can mop up the sauce.
This dish works great for lunch or dinner, and if you have any left over (unlikely!), you can reheat it the next day. If you’ve been looking to add some vegetarian dishes to your meal plan, then give this dish a go.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Tahini Tofu Stir Fry
- 14 ounce firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- 200 gram cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Chop up the cauliflower into smaller pieces.
2. With a food processor, chop up the cauliflower into a rice.
3. In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and the riced cauliflower. Cook for 5 – 7 minutes. Then add in the sesame oil and soy sauce. Stir to combine well.
4. Chop the tofu into small bite-sized pieces.
5. In a bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice, chili-garlic paste, vegetable stock, and soy sauce. Stir to combine well.
6. In a frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and tofu. Cook until brown on all sides. Then pour the tahini mixture over the tofu. Lower the heat to low. Pour the vegetable stock in and stir to get all of the tofu coated. Let cook for about 3 minutes or until the mixture starts to bubble up.
7. Serve the tahini tofu over the cauliflower rice. Garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Tahini Tofu Stir Fry. Each serving comes out to be 596 calories, 46.4g fat, 12.7g net carbs, and 26.2g protein.
|14.00 ounce firm tofu||373||18.7||9.3||4.8||4.6||32.7|
|1.00 tablespoon olive oil||119||13.5||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup tahini||355||31.8||13.2||2.8||10.4||10.2|
|1.00 tablespoon chili-garlic paste||22||1.4||1.1||0.1||1||1.2|
|2.00 tablespoon soy sauce||17||0.2||1.6||0.3||1.3||2.6|
|2.00 tablespoon lemon juice||5||0||1.7||0.2||1.5||0.2|
|0.50 cup vegetable stock||7||0||1.4||0||1.4||0|
|2.00 tablespoon green onion||4||0||0.9||0.3||0.6||0.2|
|1.00 teaspoon sesame seeds||15||1.3||0.7||0.4||0.3||0.5|
|200.00 gram cauliflower||46||1||8.2||4.6||3.6||3.6|
|1.00 teaspoon sesame oil||40||4.5||0||0||0||0|
|1.50 tablespoon olive oil||179||20.3||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 tablespoon soy sauce||8||0.1||0.8||0.1||0.7||1.3|
|Per Serving (/2)||596||46.4||19.5||6.8||12.7||26.2|