Who doesn’t love soups? A good bowl of soup can be eaten on any occasion, any time of the day. However, soup really shines on a colder day and is reminiscent of cozy days inside.
This spinach mushroom soup is sure to be a favorite. Best of all, it only has simple ingredients, ones you probably already have at the back of your fridge. Spinach and mushrooms are both incredibly versatile and can be utilized in almost all types of dishes. In this soup, the subtle and slightly earthy flavor of the mushroom really sings.
Spinach also plays an integral part in this soup and helps create that beautiful green color. It’s considered a superfood and is rich in many vitamins, including iron, magnesium, and vitamin A. While it is low in calories, spinach boasts an impressive fiber content and lots of antioxidants linked to improving eye health and immune function.
The creaminess comes from the heavy cream, which makes this soup extra filling and hearty. The heavy cream also helps to thicken up the soup, making it satiating for the whole family.
This spinach and mushroom soup also freezes well. As you’ll want to keep coming back for more, we recommend doubling the batch so you can reheat it and get a hot bowl of soup whenever you want.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Spinach Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 16 ounce mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 9 ounce frozen spinach, defrosted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a large pot, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
3. Add the diced yellow onion, stir, and let cook for 7-9 minutes.
4. Add in the mushrooms to the pot. Stir these with the onion and olive oil for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Add in the chicken stock and the defrosted spinach. Don’t add the liquid from defrosting the spinach to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil then simmer for at least 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in half of the heavy cream. Let the soup cool.
7. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth.
8. Serve the spinach mushroom soup with the other half of the cream drizzled on top and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Spinach Mushroom Soup. Each serving comes out to be 337 calories, 29g fat, 7.3g net carbs, and 11.4g protein.
|0.25 cup olive oil||477||54||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 medium yellow onion||21||0.1||4.8||0.7||4.1||0.6|
|16.00 ounce mushrooms||127||2.3||24||10||14.1||10|
|2.00 cup chicken broth||30||1.1||2.2||0||2.2||3.2|
|9.00 ounce frozen spinach||74||2||10.7||7.4||3.3||9.3|
|0.50 cup heavy cream||405||42.8||3.2||0||3.2||3.3|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.50 cup parmesan cheese||216||14.3||2.1||0||2.1||19.3|
|Per Serving (/4)||337||29||11.8||4.5||7.3||11.4|