Being keto doesn’t mean you can’t eat tasty snacks. These tasty keto sausage balls are packed full of protein and are low in carbs. With only a handful of ingredients, they’re easy to whip up quickly for a snack or for lunch or dinner.
Our sausage ball recipe simply involves throwing all of the ingredients into a bowl and then mixing it all together. You then make little balls and place them onto an oven tray. We recommend using high-quality Italian sausage that doesn’t have many unnecessary additives as this will make sure the recipe stays keto-friendly. For extra flavor, add a cup of tasty cheddar cheese, which melts into the center of the sausage balls when cooked. If you don’t have cheddar, you can always add another type of cheese that you have in your refrigerator.
These delicious balls are great for parties to hand around to guests, especially as they can be made in advance and then cooked when guests arrive. You can even serve them with a dipping sauce such as a keto-friendly tomato sauce or ranch.
To see what all the fuss is about, give this keto sausage balls recipe a try. Your friends and family will love them!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Sausage Balls
- 16 ounce mild Italian sausage
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 medium green onion, thinly sliced
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl, mash up the Italian sausage. Add in the shredded cheddar cheese, almond flour, heavy cream, and sliced green onion. Stir to combine well.
3. Using clean hands, form balls and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
4. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
5. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Sausage Balls. Each serving comes out to be 689 calories, 59.5g fat, 5.7g net carbs, and 29.7g protein.
|16.00 ounce mild Italian sausage||1397||119.6||10||5||5||64.8|
|1.00 cup almond flour||648||56||24.6||14.6||10.1||23.5|
|1.00 cup cheddar cheese||495||40.8||3.8||0||3.8||28|
|0.25 cup heavy cream||202||21.4||1.6||0||1.6||1.7|
|3.00 medium green onion||14||0||3.3||1.2||2.1||0.8|
|Per Serving (/4)||689||59.5||10.8||5.2||5.7||29.7|