Planning weeknight dinners can be tiring and inconvenient. Make the process easier by keeping a few dinner favorites and classics in the recipe drawer. This dish is incredibly quick to make and tastes fantastic. It’ll surely be a weeknight favorite for years to come.
The cauliflower rice makes this dish low-carb, gluten-free, and completely keto-friendly. Cauliflower is a keto staple and is often used as a carbohydrate substitute and made into pizzas and rice. It also has a subtle, slightly sweet flavor while being high in fiber, nutrients, and water.
The lime and cilantro add a nice herby and zesty kick to the cauliflower rice and make it taste extra fresh. The chicken stock also gives an excellent depth of flavor to the rice, but you can always substitute it with vegetable stock or water if you prefer.
The addition of the sausage provides a nice savory, slightly salty kick to the subtle taste of the cauliflower rice. Cooking the sausages in a skillet helps create an extra crispy, golden exterior. This recipe calls for mild Italian sausage, but it also works with any type of sausage you’d like. Note that this will change the macros of this recipe.
This dish is best served with an extra sprinkling of cilantro and a fresh lime wedge that can be squeezed over just before eating.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Sausage and Cilantro Lime Rice
- 16 ounce mild Italian sausage
- 300 gram cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 medium lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. Over medium to high heat, add water to a skillet and bring to a boil. Add the sausages. Cover the skillet with a lid and let the sausages cook. Turn them to cook both sides every so often. Remove lid and let the sausages finish cooking, still turning every so often.
3. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the olive oil and minced garlic. Fry until fragrant.
5. Add the cauliflower rice. Stir well.
6. Add the chicken stock to the skillet and stir well to combine. Let this simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
7. Add the cilantro to the skillet and stir well to combine.
8. Put the Italian sausages back into the pan and slice them up into bite sized pieces.
9. Squeeze the lime juice over the sausage and rice. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Sausage and Cilantro Lime Rice. Each serving comes out to be 880 calories, 74.5g fat, 10.2g net carbs, and 36.4g protein.
|16.00 ounce mild Italian sausage||1397||119.6||10||5||5||64.8|
|300.00 gram cauliflower||69||1.5||12.3||6.9||5.4||5.4|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|3.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||13||0||2.8||0.2||2.6||0.5|
|0.25 cup Chicken Stock||22||0.7||2.1||0||2.1||1.5|
|1.00 medium lime||20||0.1||7.1||1.9||5.2||0.5|
|0.25 cup fresh cilantro||1||0||0.2||0.1||0||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/2)||880||74.5||17.2||7.1||10.2||36.4|