This supercharged bowl provides a daily hit of protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals to help you feel good from the inside out.
Healthy food doesn’t mean it has to be bland. This zingy and flavor-rich bowl makes eating salad effortless. The salmon filet is marinated with citrus juice and zest to make it incredibly light and refreshing. Salmon is rich in omega-3, and the light and oily taste work perfectly in a salad.
The kale, spinach, and arugula are all nutrient-dense and full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to keep your brain, body, and skin optimum. And it doesn’t stop there! Adding an avocado adds a creamy flavor that coats the veggies and is also a fantastic source of healthy fats.
A good salad includes interestingly textured toppings to break up the monotony: enter pepitas, capers, and a jalapeno. The pepitas add a nice crunch and are incredibly high in antioxidants. Capers add a tangy, salty flavor to dishes similar to olives, and the jalapeno adds a subtle yet much-needed spicy kick to tie it off.
While this salad is best enjoyed fresh, you can always make more and keep it in the fridge for an easy lunchtime meal prep. Ensure you warm the salmon through and keep the wet and dry ingredients in separate containers.
Yields 3 servings of Keto Salmon with Power Greens
- 16 ounce salmon
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup kale
- 2 cup arugula
- 2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients. Dice the jalapenos and slice the avocado.
2. On a cutting board, zest the orange and the lemon. Cut the orange and lemon in half. In a bowl, squeeze the orange and lemon to get all of the juice out of them. Add the zest into the same bowl.
3. Marinate the salmon by combining the orange and lemon zest, juice, and peels. Cover and let the salmon marinate for at least 20 minutes.
4. Rub the salmon with olive oil and season it with old bay seasoning.
5. Fry the salmon in a frying pan over medium heat. Let sear for 5-9 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145F.
6. Slice the shallots in a bowl with some lemon juice.
7. Layer the kale, arugula, and spinach on a serving plate. Top with pumpkin seeds, shallot, capers, and diced jalapeno.
8. Add the sliced avocados and the salmon to the plate of greens. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 3 servings of Keto Salmon with Power Greens. Each serving comes out to be 548 calories, 38.3g fat, 8g net carbs, and 37.6g protein.
|16.00 ounce salmon||934||56||0||0||0||100.2|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh orange juice||15||0||3.5||0.1||3.4||0.2|
|3.00 tablespoon lemon juice||8||0.1||2.6||0.3||2.2||0.2|
|1.00 medium avocado||301||27.7||15.6||12.2||3.3||3.5|
|1.00 cup kale||20||0.3||3.9||1.4||2.5||1.3|
|2.00 cup arugula||10||0.3||1.5||0.6||0.8||1|
|2.00 cup spinach||14||0.2||2.3||1.4||0.8||1.8|
|0.25 cup pumpkin seeds||71||3.1||8.6||2.9||5.7||3|
|1.00 medium shallot||22||0||5||1||4.1||0.8|
|2.00 tablespoon capers||4||0.2||0.8||0.6||0.3||0.4|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon old bay seasoning||3||0.2||0.4||0.2||0.3||0.1|
|1.00 medium jalapeno pepper||4||0.1||1||0.4||0.6||0.1|
|Per Serving (/3)||548||38.3||15||7.1||8||37.6|