This recipe harkens us back to the long days of summer; it’s tropical and bright with a kick of cilantro and red pepper. The best part is it’s not fried and is a healthy alternative paired with caulirice. This is a great dish to serve at a friend’s night in or a cookout. There is minor prep work with chopping, ricing, and juicing ingredients, but you can cut down on time with pre-prepared alternatives from the store.
Yields 4 servings of Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Crispy Coconut Caulirice
For the Coconut Caulirice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
For the Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
- 24 medium tail-on precooked shrimp, frozen
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- ½ medium lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
1. Preheat non-stick skillet to prepare cauliflower rice. Heat coconut oil and sauté the unsweetened coconut flakes to slightly brown.
2. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender, and pulse until the pieces resemble rice.
3. Stir riced cauliflower into skillet. Sauté ingredients until coconut flakes are toasted and riced cauliflower is softened. Don’t add extra liquid and let the cauliflower rice fry in the coconut oil. . Remove the coconut flakes and riced coconut from the skillet, and cover in a container until ready to serve.
4. In the same pan, sauté the remaining coconut oil, garlic, and onion until fragrant.
5. Stir in coconut milk and bring to a simmer, allowing the sauce to reduce for 5 minutes.
6. Place the shrimp in an even layer in the coconut sauce and cook on medium-low until the shrimp is soft and just begins to curl in. This should take 3-5 minutes.
7. Gently stir in lime juice and cilantro. Top the shrimp with crushed red pepper.
8. Place shrimp on top of cauliflower rice, and drizzle the shrimp and rice with sauce.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Crispy Coconut Caulirice. Each serving comes out to be 315.05 Calories, 25.23g Fat, 5.89g Net Carbs, and 17.43g Protein.
|Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Crispy Coconut Caulirice||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 teaspoon coconut oil||80||8.92||0||0||0||0|
|¼ medium sweet onion||11||0.01||1.31||0.2||1.11||0.15|
|2 medium garlic cloves||9||0.03||1.98||0.1||1.88||0.38|
|1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk||557||60.26||7.94||0||7.94||5.71|
|24 tail-on precooked shrimp, frozen||224||0.63||0.45||0||0.45||54.35|
|3 sprigs cilantro, chopped||2||0.03||0.24||0.2||0.04||0.14|
|½ medium lime, juiced||6||0.02||1.85||0.1||0.75||0.09|
|2 tablespoons crushed red pepper||34.2||1.9||6||2.9||3.1||1.3|
|1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes||280||28||10||7||3||3|
|2 cups cauliflower florets||57||1.1||10||5.7||4.3||4.6|