This breakfast skillet is one of my favorite meals to make! It tastes so good and is so easy to make! Everything is cooked in one pan: a cast iron skillet.
The breakfast sausage and mushrooms are cooked on the stovetop in the skillet, then the cheese is melted under broil in the oven. The green onions on top make for a perfect crunch with the smooth mushrooms and breakfast sausage underneath. This makes an easy one pan breakfast!
Yields 6 servings of Keto Mushroom Sausage Skillet
- 16 ounce pork sausage
- 16 ounces cremini mushroom
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 medium green onion, for garnish
1. Gather and prep all ingredients. Turn on the oven to a broil to preheat. Pour half the olive oil onto a cast iron skillet and turn on the stovetop to a medium heat.
2. Wash mushrooms, dry well with a paper towel, and cut the mushrooms into slices.
3. On the stovetop, cook the sausages in the cast iron skillet on medium to high heat until they are brown and fully cooked. Once they are fully cooked, remove the sausages from the skillet and put on a cutting board.
4. Add the rest of the olive oil to the skillet then add the mushrooms and cook the mushrooms until they are golden brown.
5. While the mushrooms are cooking, with a diagonal cut, chop up the pork sausage on a cutting board.
6. Once the mushrooms are fully cooked, add the chopped pork sausage to the skillet and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Put it in the oven on broil until the cheese starts to melt. Watch the oven carefully, the cheese melts quick!
7. Remove from the oven and garnish with green onions.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Mushroom Sausage Skillet. Each serving comes out to be 364 calories, 29.3g fat, 4.3g net carbs, and 20.1g protein.
|16.00 ounce pork sausage||1474||123.6||6.4||0||6.4||84.1|
|16.00 ounce cremini mushrooms||127||0.5||18.6||2.7||15.9||11.3|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 cup mozzarella cheese||336||25||2.5||0||2.5||24.8|
|2.00 medium green onion||10||0.1||2.2||0.8||1.4||0.5|
|Per Serving (/6)||364.25||29.36||4.95||0.58||4.36||20.13|